• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will email photos "bug" be fixed?

Engaged ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the original bug appeared, last October, we were told to wait for the "next release" in "about 7 weeks".  It's now been way longer than that, and I haven't seen any fix for this issue. 

The email manager says my account is verified, but I still get the old error message (i.e., "check your settings") and cannot email photos, with or without the "export with preset" function.  I can export to my hard drive, but that's not very useful.

Is this going to get fixed?  and does anyone have a time estimate?

Thanks.

Gail

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The email bug in LR 10.0 was fixed in the release of LR 10.1 on 12/8/20:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-10-email-not-workin...

A number of people confirmed the fix worked for them.

I suggest you post a problem report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/ 

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm that you are running the latest version.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Classic 10.3.  (It's automatically kept up to date.)

Surface Book, Win 10.

The error message is NOT the one that's referenced above as being fixed.  It is that LR cannot connect to email server and to check the outgoing mail settings.  I have done this over and over again.  There's nothing wrong with the settings in LR, and my email (gmail) works just fine.  When this first occurred, the answer was to wait for the next version.  It still isn't fixed; nothing at all has changed.

Shall I report this elsewhere?  Am I the only one who still has this issue?  Do you have any info about this?

Thanks for any help.  (I can email to my hard drive, but that's no way to send photo files--especially since the Surface has limited hard drive space.)

TIA.

Gail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the forum for bug reports. You want to use: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know that.  It was reported there.  I was responding to to a direct question at this location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines