• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the camera profiles? Not showing up in LR 4

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera profiles are not visible in the camera calibration menu in the develop module of Lightroom 4. I installed them using the installer that came with the profiles. What folder are they supposed to be in so I can use them (Windows 7 x64)? Where is the documentation? Why isn't Adobe answering the phone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The phone support is temporarily down due to an unexpected outage. Sorry for any frustration caused by this.

Have you already installed the 4.1 update for Lightroom?
If not, you can get it here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5393

What camera model did you use to take your photos?

Profiles are stored in this folder: \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.1\Resources\CameraProfiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply! I have the 4.1 update installed. I have a Sony SLT A57. It is not inC\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.1\Resources\CameraProfiles 

The actual path there looks like: 

C\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.1\Resources\CameraProfiles\lens profiles\camera\adobe standard (empty)

However, I installed rc 4.2 after I wrote to you, and the path to the (Sony) camera profiles is now:C\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.2 RC\Resources\CameraProfiles\Adobe Standard. There is another folder named Camera, under Camera Profiles, in which are Canon, Nikon, and other camera folders - with several different profile choices within each folder. In this other "Camera" folder there are some Sony cameras with different profile choices for each camera in the folder, ie portrait, landscape, vivid, standard. Can I try one of those, or does the program automatically go to my camera model? Are they planning to add these other profile choices for my Sony SLT a57?

The one profile listed in the development menu is "embedded". What is that?

Thanks, Joanne  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embedded means that you are not looking at a Raw file but rather a JPEG or Tiff, I am guessing.

If you have selected a Raw file and your camera has profiles available you will see them automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking at a jpeg when I wrote that. When a raw file is on the screen, it is actually Adobe Standard - nothing else is on there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then no profiles exist or are installed for your camera model.  You can reverse engineer them with the free DNG Profile Creator from Adobe Labs. Most people create a preset that mimics the look and feel of a particular frequently used profile and apply it later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input.My camera is a Sony SLT a57. I downloaded Camera Raw 6.7 - which includes profiles for all the Sony SLT cameras. The profiles are installed on the computer. I only have to search for dcp and they come up in: 

C\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.2 RC\Resources\CameraProfiles\Adobe Standard. That is where Adobe put them. They should work. I don't want to have to use a workaround for something that Adobe installed on my computer. Before I installed Lightroom rc 4.2, they were in:  C\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.1\Resources\CameraProfiles\lens profiles\camera\adobe standard.They didn't show up on LR 4.1 either.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched for Sony SLT-A57 Adobe Standard and found a set of profiles that I installed that are working fine. I guess Adobe has only made a general profile for the a57 so far. I hope they expand their offering soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The majority of the camera models which have additional profiles are Canon and Nikon. Has not changed since they started doing that a couple years ago.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They actually have profiles for a few of the Sony cameras. I just wish they would be a little more forthcoming with information about the profiles they have and the ones they don't have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are the camera profiles and develop standard settings stored in the programme folder (c:\program files\)? I switched computers and am now without them! Every other settings are in the user-profiles-folder!

What is Adobe thinking!!! I calibrated every one of my cameras, and that work is gone now!

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe-supplied things are under in the Program(s) folders. User-supplied things are under the Users folder.

My user-created camera profiles are in this folder on my Windows 7 system:

C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

AppData is a hidden folder so you may need to enable viewing of hidden folders or just type in the folder name into the address bar of Windows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines