• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the color label filters gone in latest LR CC?!

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be missing something really obvious here, but since the latest update installed on LR, I can't seem to find the color label filter anymore? used to be beside 'rated' in the filmstrip, but it's not there now - anyone able to help this confused bloke before his head explodes?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Can you see the Color Labels in the upper filter bar as Shooitstbond007 shows in the screen clip?  Not sure if the two are connected though

I can get portions of the lower filter bar to hide  but they ALL show back up when hitting the FILTER label.  You can alway try deleting the Preferences file trick.  I am amazed at what this one file will affect in lightroom and how it can get messed up and then mess up lightroom.

Replacing the Lightroom Preference File | Lightroomers!

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-locations-lightroom-41.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure which color labels you are talking about so here are two clips.

Check if they are turned on with the filmstrip dropdown at the right end.

Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 12.20.49 PM.png

If thats not what you want than click the word "Filter" and the filter bar will expand and contract.

Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 12.24.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob, the second one is the color labels I'm referring to - they aren't there?! clicking on 'Filter' expands it to show flags and stars, but no color label?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Filter bar go to Attribute and you will see the Color labels.

Filter Bar Color Attribute.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this Problem today. tried to delete the preference but I couldn't find it. Then I just navigate my lightroom based on your photo sample. then click Attribute. The Second Barr appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the Color Labels in the upper filter bar as Shooitstbond007 shows in the screen clip?  Not sure if the two are connected though

I can get portions of the lower filter bar to hide  but they ALL show back up when hitting the FILTER label.  You can alway try deleting the Preferences file trick.  I am amazed at what this one file will affect in lightroom and how it can get messed up and then mess up lightroom.

Replacing the Lightroom Preference File | Lightroomers!

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-locations-lightroom-41.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob had it! deleted preference file, rebooted, it's back! Weird one that, but I'm a happy bunny now cheers all for the help and suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you drag the word filter with the hand as John suggests,  It does't work like this on my MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screenshot of what you’re seeing. There are several places that Color Labels can appear and it’s unclear which one you’re missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the bit - bottom right corner. Just going to try the suggestion on replacing the preference file in a mo.

Click 'Filter' once.... collapses

Filter 1.jpg

Click again, expands but doesn't show color labels!

Filter 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the drop-down list for the toolbar - see image.

ToolBar-Dropdown.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That gives me the color label selection, not the color label filter - it's the filtering I'm after.They should appear under 'Previous' in my image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about filtering; you have filters set to off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're in the Develop module. No color label filter in that module and actually no real filter system like in the Library module. Everything is as it should be. Much ado about nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been Color Label Filtering in the Develop module since the first version of Lightroom that I purchased (think it was 2 or 3). the develop module has always had almost the same filtering as library module. It was there before the software updated itself, and my workflow has evolved around it. Turning Filtering on or off makes no odds as to what is displayed in the Filter shortcuts when expanded, it looks the same when active:

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you change from rated and choose restore default presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no change, I'm just about done with the urgent work I had to get out so I'll be trying the idea on the preference file in a sec as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you click on the word filter to the left of the flags, once or twice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK you are looking in the wrong place. In the Tool Bar click the triangle on the right and select the Color Label to show the color label bar. The Tool bar has zoom, grid and soft proofing settings.

But that doesn't give you anything in the Filter area for filtering by color label. I just allows you to set a color label. I guess Adobe removed it.

Ok I got it. Click where it says Filter: and you get an Option drop down, Select Show All Filters. My god how hard do they have to make it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EVERY TIME I UPDATE I FORGET THIS. thank you so much. exactly - why do they make it so difficult? why would rated and flagged be in that custom filter selection area, but not labels. to think I've been using it since it came out... thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, me too. Every time 😞

It's got to be said that the LR user interface is just about the worse, out of all the apps I use. I've been using LR since 1.0 and it's always been awful. I guess they just don't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click te word "Filter" and the colour labels will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG that is really well hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much! clicking filter worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines