• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did my pictures go?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so lost. I have lost pictures... Where did they go? While loading them to lightroom, Then I found the file but it says missing photos...

Help Anyone

Thank you,

Beth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need more inforamtion. Are you downloading to a specfic location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much fort he information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are getting /seeing an exclamation mark in your Library thumbnail, then the source image file is missing: either the drive is offline or it has been moved from within the OS.

I'm wondering if you have noticed that Beth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes there is !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is so wierd, I have found all of my photos. But, There is a section of pictures that are just missing. Could they be missing if I stopped the downloading before it was completed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by "section of pictures"? Set or group perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos imported into Lightroom Classic don't really live inside of Lightroom. They stay on the drive you imported them from. Or if you import from a memory card they get copied to a drive before being imported. When you do an import, Lightroom just learns about the location of the files. If you move them, rename them or disconnect the hard drive, Lightroom Classic will think they are lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what I am doing...OMG I am not adobe smart. I am just learning as I go. I thank you for that information I am going to have to take a class to learn all of this. I thank you so much! Now to find the pictures I am missing this will be fun,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beth you are not alone. This is a very common challenge for new Lightroom Classic users. I think the term “import” throws most people off from the start. Nothing really gets physically imported into Lightroom. Take a class, or find a personal coach to help you get started with Classic. It will be well worth your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes! I will be doing this! Thank you again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines