Highlighted

Where is the "MY PHOTO" Icon in Lightroom?

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am following these instructions to retrieve deleted photos:

https://helpx.adobe.com/pl/lightroom-cc/using/restore-deleted-photos.html

It says under "View Deleted Photos" : Click the "MY Photos" Icon.  Where is this??

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

MY PHOTOS is in Lightroom (for the cloud), the desktop app. If you are using Lightroom Classic then you are looking at tutorials for the wrong program. You can blame Adobe for their naming convention.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Where is the "MY PHOTO" Icon in Lightroom?

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am following these instructions to retrieve deleted photos:

https://helpx.adobe.com/pl/lightroom-cc/using/restore-deleted-photos.html

It says under "View Deleted Photos" : Click the "MY Photos" Icon.  Where is this??

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

MY PHOTOS is in Lightroom (for the cloud), the desktop app. If you are using Lightroom Classic then you are looking at tutorials for the wrong program. You can blame Adobe for their naming convention.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH!  Well thank you for the answer.  Is there any way I can retrieve my photos that I deleted from my hard drive and from my library?  Or once I delete it, its lost forever?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to trash or recycle bin and move the deleted photos to a new location on your hard drive. Than reimport images back into LRC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you choose to delete images in Lightroom, and choose the option to delete from disk, they are sent to the trash or the Recycle Bin (depending on your operating system). If you haven't emptied that depository recently been you should be able to recover them from there. That means it will be necessary to import them to Lightroom again and edit them agaiin.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out HOW to Recover and Import something from my trash. Can you explain???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I can't figure out HOW to Recover and Import something from my trash. Can you explain???"

Lightroom or Lightroom Classic? What version NUMBER? What operating system version NUMBER? What have you tried?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as Randy. I had photos highlighted for Sync purposes. From these I deleted what I believe is one photo but all highlighted images got deleted. They're not in Recycle Bin, so for my money floating somewhere in Lightroom. Any idea how I can find them again in EDITED form? This is the 2nd time it's happened to me. I'm convinced that  when you delete multiple images which are highlighted, you don't get the message "permanent delete" or "Just from LR". As is the case for single images.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
JimHess LATEST
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom or Lightroom Classic? What exact version number? If you are using LrC and you delete images and choose the option to delete permanently, the images are sent to the trash or to the recycle bin. If you are using Lightroom then images are sent to the "Deleted" folder within Lightroom itself where they are retained for 60 days. You can go to that folder and restore the images if you choose to do so and then download them, or you can just leave them there for the 60 days after which they will automatically be deleted permanently, or there is an option for you to delete them permanently at any time.

Screenshot 2020-11-05 104014.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0