• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Balance profiles incorrect for Fujifilm X-T3

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the standard White Balance profiles in the latest version of Classic LR when it comes to support for the Fujifilm X-T3? "As shot" is fine, but if I select "Daylight", "Cloudy", etc. I get a strong green cast. Have never had this problem in the past.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cliff_May,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. Could you please update the graphics card from the manufacturer's website, restart your machine (If you are on Windows) and check and if that helps.

If updating graphics card doesn't help then, uncheck the GPU from the Lightroom preferences and let us know the results.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck GPU > Restart Lightroom.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

Thanks, I have tried that, but it is still the same - a strong green bias. I can correct it using the sliders, or using "As shot" but I think the other settings have been defined for the older sensor used by the X-T1 and X-T2. The X-T3 has a backlit sensor. I am using an iMac running OSX Mojave 10.14. The same problem appears to be the case for the latest Camera Raw / Photoshop.

Regards,

Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Cliff. Could you please share one of the sample image via Drop box Or Creative Cloud download link?

You can drop a link on a private message.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here and the same issue is being widely reported by all by my contacts on Twitter that also use the XT3 - so it's not a user or graphics card issue - everybody I know that has an XT3 and using the latest update to Lightroom is having the same problem!

Image below shows a 'Cloudy' white balance on the left and 'As Shot' on the right. Every white balance option apart from 'As Shot' gives a green colour cast.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 19.35.20 copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue.  Updating the graphics card driver and/or unchecking the graphics card makes no difference.  Daylight is a really sickly green color!  The rest of the preset white balances are also way off.  Only the "as shot" is close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me.  I saw others on the X-T group on Facebook with the issue as well.  Here are screen shots of what I am getting.

Below is the Daylight white balance.  Way too green to my eye.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 6.37.03 PM.jpeg

Here is the same image with As Shot white balance.  Looks ok to me but Tint is at +66!

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 6.37.10 PM.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another problem with the RAW files of the Fuji X-T3 on iOS 12. After importing the RAW files on my iPad they are all in black&white.

And there are no Adobe Profiles availabe. If I do an edit to the file (i.e. Upright or anything other) the color is suddenly ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue with Fuji X-T3... Problem also exists for X-T3 files in the updated Photoshop / Camera Raw 11.

I noticed that when X-T3 RAF files imported with "as Shot" develop settings that there is an inordinant amont of magenta tint applied in the develop module of approx +58 ? .... although the "as shot" image looks fine on screen, but as previous report when devating from "as shot" the image goes all to pot!

System:

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2014)

Graphics card AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my Fuji X-T3. The "Tint" setting seems to be wrong. Also the setting for "Temp" seem slightly shifted in comparison to the X-T2.

PC Win10

Lightroom classic cc 8.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with X-T3, "As shot" WB Tint goes up to +66!

Apparently Adobe staff has been aware of this problem well before the release:

White Balance Problems with Fujifilm X-T3 And Adobe DNG Converter 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that camera model. However, I downloaded a sample raw image and I can confirm this issue. This forum is primarily a user to user forum. I will provide a link to a forum where the developers monitor much more closely. I don't know if this issue has been reported on that forum yet. I don't monitor that forum as closely as others do. But it is the forum where this problem should definitely be reported.

Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Jim, I also just completed a test with a sample image and experience the same problem.

Raw files from my Olympus are fine.

It appears that Adobe engineers keep getting "stomped" in dealing with Fujifilm sensors and RAF files.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This is a known issue and will be addressed in a future update.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - lets hope that if it's know about it's not going to be too far in the future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris

Have a you a timeframe for an update to fix this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to LR 8.1 - The issue is still there. Ouch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that you have settings applied to some of your images, and Lr is honoring the settings, including the previous versions of the color profiles that had the white balance bug. For camera matching profiles, you should be able to apply any of the "v2" versions that include the bug fix. For the Adobe Raw color profiles (e.g. Adobe Color, Adobe Landscape), the corrected profiles are based off the "v2" version of Adobe Standard. Once Adobe Standard v2 has been applied, the other Adobe Raw color profiles will be corrected.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've found that applying the v2 profiles is better - or just hitting 'Reset' to return the RAW file to it's default settings first also helps.

Cheers, David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I hadn't realized that I had to use a different profile, it worked, thanks!

- Fabio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines