Highlighted

White Balance profiles incorrect for Fujifilm X-T3

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the standard White Balance profiles in the latest version of Classic LR when it comes to support for the Fujifilm X-T3? "As shot" is fine, but if I select "Daylight", "Cloudy", etc. I get a strong green cast. Have never had this problem in the past.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

White Balance profiles incorrect for Fujifilm X-T3

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the standard White Balance profiles in the latest version of Classic LR when it comes to support for the Fujifilm X-T3? "As shot" is fine, but if I select "Daylight", "Cloudy", etc. I get a strong green cast. Have never had this problem in the past.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cliff_May,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. Could you please update the graphics card from the manufacturer's website, restart your machine (If you are on Windows) and check and if that helps.

If updating graphics card doesn't help then, uncheck the GPU from the Lightroom preferences and let us know the results.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck GPU > Restart Lightroom.

Regards,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

Thanks, I have tried that, but it is still the same - a strong green bias. I can correct it using the sliders, or using "As shot" but I think the other settings have been defined for the older sensor used by the X-T1 and X-T2. The X-T3 has a backlit sensor. I am using an iMac running OSX Mojave 10.14. The same problem appears to be the case for the latest Camera Raw / Photoshop.

Regards,

Cliff

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Cliff. Could you please share one of the sample image via Drop box Or Creative Cloud download link?

You can drop a link on a private message.

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here and the same issue is being widely reported by all by my contacts on Twitter that also use the XT3 - so it's not a user or graphics card issue - everybody I know that has an XT3 and using the latest update to Lightroom is having the same problem!

Image below shows a 'Cloudy' white balance on the left and 'As Shot' on the right. Every white balance option apart from 'As Shot' gives a green colour cast.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 19.35.20 copy.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue.  Updating the graphics card driver and/or unchecking the graphics card makes no difference.  Daylight is a really sickly green color!  The rest of the preset white balances are also way off.  Only the "as shot" is close.

2 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me.  I saw others on the X-T group on Facebook with the issue as well.  Here are screen shots of what I am getting.

Below is the Daylight white balance.  Way too green to my eye.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 6.37.03 PM.jpeg

Here is the same image with As Shot white balance.  Looks ok to me but Tint is at +66!

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 6.37.10 PM.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another problem with the RAW files of the Fuji X-T3 on iOS 12. After importing the RAW files on my iPad they are all in black&white.

And there are no Adobe Profiles availabe. If I do an edit to the file (i.e. Upright or anything other) the color is suddenly ok.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue with Fuji X-T3... Problem also exists for X-T3 files in the updated Photoshop / Camera Raw 11.

I noticed that when X-T3 RAF files imported with "as Shot" develop settings that there is an inordinant amont of magenta tint applied in the develop module of approx +58 ? .... although the "as shot" image looks fine on screen, but as previous report when devating from "as shot" the image goes all to pot!

System:

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2014)

Graphics card AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096MB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my Fuji X-T3. The "Tint" setting seems to be wrong. Also the setting for "Temp" seem slightly shifted in comparison to the X-T2.

PC Win10

Lightroom classic cc 8.0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines