• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Box across top of screen in Develop Mode

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Lightroom 6.14 in Big Sur on my Mac. When I go into Develop mode a white box appears at the top of the screen cutting off the top of the photo. I checked in Preferences>Performance and the Graphics Processor is unchecked. Is it possible to get rid of the box? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Press the I key on the keyboard once or twice to make it go away.

This text should have a transparent background, but it becomes white on Big Sur.

Also note that if you uninstall LR 6, you won't be able to reinstall it, since the installer is 32-bit. Installers have to be 64-bit on Big Sur.

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 9.03.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 6 was never tested on Big Sur, and so this issue may not have a solution.

Of course, you can upgrade and the problem goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
Since you Can't Edit your original post to remove the Attached screen shot Please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation by clicking the Blue Reply button under your original post and use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-11-19 10_13_55-Pasting images into posts - Adobe Support Community - 11608749.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That's very helpful. First time poster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press the I key on the keyboard once or twice to make it go away.

This text should have a transparent background, but it becomes white on Big Sur.

Also note that if you uninstall LR 6, you won't be able to reinstall it, since the installer is 32-bit. Installers have to be 64-bit on Big Sur.

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 9.03.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. It worked! So far Lightroom is working with Big Sur so I’ll stay with it until I have no choice.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ThInfo Overlay should Not look like that. Normally it is not in a box but over the top of the image like this.

2020-11-29 19_13_55-LrC V10 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per, do you know if this occurs with LR 10 on Mac OS 11.0?

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, looking at the screenshot, are you referring to the info overlay?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/view-photos.html#display_the_info_overlay_on_a_photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to say my thanks to Per.

With his tip of using the I on the Develop mode to get rid of the bar. This bar had stopped me from using Big Sur  . .   but now I'm on Monterey.

I have the impression that on Monterey the images seem sharper and better defined than Catalina, has to do with new screen configuration of course.

- By the I  have Lightroom 6.14, am happy, and I also have a LR subscription free for a year (came with new camera) but I like 6.14 as it is . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per, do you know if this occurs with LR 10 on Mac OS 11.0?

No, I'm a Windows user, and know very little about Macs, but I don't think it happens with LR 10.

But this is the third post I've seen about the info overlay having a white background in LR 6 on Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Per, do you know if this occurs with LR 10 on Mac OS 11.0?

Not Per but that bug is definitely not present in LR 10 on Big Sur. Just happens when you run LR 6 on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked great, 

Thanks,

Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines