Highlighted

Why am i seeing "Lightroom Catalog-2-2 " at the top of my file?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did I install it twice? Can I uninstall everything and start over?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why am i seeing "Lightroom Catalog-2-2 " at the top of my file?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did I install it twice? Can I uninstall everything and start over?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time there is a "major" upgrade of Lightroom Classic there must be a new catalog  created and upgraded. When this occurs that upgrade automatically appends a -2 to the end of the name of the existing catalog. In your case that upgrade has occurred twice. There's no need to uninstall and start over. The catalog contains all the work you have done previously. If you don't like that name then you can rename the catalog to whatever you wish it to be. Then, simply double-click on the catalog with its new name and it will become a working catalog, containing all the work you have done previously. Just be aware that when Lightroom 10 is released there will probably be another catalog upgrade and what ever you have named the catalog will be upgraded again and will have a -2 appended to it.

Just remember that if you do decide to rename the catalog be sure that it retains the same extension.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During major updates of LrC, the catalog has to be updated. This is due to database coding changes in the newer version requiring changes. When this occurs LrC creates a copy of your older catalog. It adds -2 to the file name.

Not all updates are major. I do not think when we went from v7 to v8, that this occurred, but when we went from v8 to v9, it did, also probably when we went from v6 to v7. Each time, -2 gets added.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0