• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why cannot I send my book to Blurb?

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all my work creating in LR book module, I cannot send the created book to Blurb using the button in lower right corner.    Halfway through the process, I get this error message: "An error occurred while creating the book".  I have retried many times.    For info, I can export the book as a jpeg to my hard drive.  I thought I may be able to save the book in pdf and then upload to Blurb on their website. However, I cannot even export the book as a pdf to the hard drive.  I have save other pdf files so I really don't know what is the problem.   I saw that some were reporting this problem a few years ago.   Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Blurb up? Is their connection down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find an answer in the reply I gave in this forum thread-

BOOK TEXT ERROR

And to find where an error might be occuring- read in particular the post from fabsanchez (linked here)-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/book-module-uploading-to-blurb-an-error-occurred-wh...

Incompatible fonts, over-filled text boxes, Page Background photos, -seem to be common recurring error problems.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WobertC,

Thank you for your prompt response.  I spent all day going through the solutions in both threads you attached.  A lot of good info though, but nothing worked for me.   I am a long time LR user and have made a number of books using other vendors.   But this is the first effort at using the LR Book module and Blurb.   I think I have spent too much  time and effort  trying to send this book to Blurb and exporting as a pdf from the book module.   Will go back to my other book printers.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to download the Blurb ID Plugin Installer, in order for it to work in Lightroom.  The "Send to Blurb" button was greyed out until I downloaded the Blurb ID (Indesign) Installer.  Once I did that and rebooted Lightroom, I was able to click Send to Blurb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue. Unable to send the LR book to Blurb due to the "An error occurred while creating the book" message. Even exporting as a PDF is problematic. Any solutions? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you worked through any of the links I posted Sept 2020?

Or read the attached PDF and work through each of the steps. One of these may provide a solution.-

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines