• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Allow for multiple watermarks per image

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that you can place 2 watermarks/logos in the watermark edit. So place a watermark at the top right and bottom right at the same time.

Thanks,

Roy Froma

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
17 Comments
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to add a logo, a copyright label and a text banner to a large batch of photos in Lightroom.  Is this possible or does this have to be done in 3 separate actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a PNG file that contains all those elements and place that as the watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need two put two logos/watermarks onto my photos

that is: the logo of my clients (nightclubs, bars, promoters )   and my own "photography by...." in the other corner

it seems lightroom can only do one logo at a time 

this is a bit of a pain in the neck

as a workaround  i have had to make PNG files with both logos on it (same apsect ratio as my photos). each time i get a new client i must make a new PNG file of this kind.  this poses obvious problems when i need to crop photos to a different aspect ratio because the PNG doesnt line up.

it would be so much better if i could just have a right aligned Logo of my client and a left aligned logo for myself which would apply regardless of the dimensions of the photo.

it is hard to believe that lightroom cant do this.

is there a way around it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only guessing, but it's probably because most Lightroom users never need to apply more than one watermark. In general, Lightroom handles the most common scenarios and not edge cases; that's why Photoshop still has many capabilities that Lightroom doesn't.

But it does look like you can get what you want with the LR/Mogrify 2 plug-in. Check the documentation for its Graphical Watermarking feature; there seems to be a plus sign you can use to set up multiple watermarks per export. But I haven't tried it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

surely this  can hardly be such a fringe case, i mean,  the photographers watermark and the client.... should be pretty standard i would think.

thankyou for this suggestion though I will invesigate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create your watermark in a program like Photoshop and make a PNG out of it then you can apply that One PNG image as a Watermark with Two logos in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats what i do, but, as i described in my original post, it is a problematic way to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A possible workaround is to go to the Print Module and add both a Watermark with the clients Logo and an Identity Plate with your Logo; then print the image to a JPEG file instead of to the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export twice. Once with watermark A, then export that with watermark B.

yep annoying

or edit in Photoshop, add text

still annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OR, adobe could add a feature to add multiple watermarks. Waiting years for this, but they still never do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JoeKostos' solution is probably the best but another way is to set up a photoshop worklet that you call in the export step. This could actually be set to load a file say "client.png" in a specific location, that you in advance set up to be the client's logo. Then all you so is to export and call the Photoshop droplet to add both yours and the client's logo automatically. You could also have one added by the export panel and the other by the photoshop action. Since you have Classic, you probably already have Photoshop so this is trivial. There are multiple tutorials on the web on how to create a photoshop droplets that adds a watermark. Trivial to extend those to add two.

A last alternative is to use LR/mogrify (https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrmogrify2.php​). This plugin can add multiple watermarks to your export or you could add one logo in the standard interface and the other with LR/mogrify. Again make it refer to a png file that you simply change around for every client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edge case? I'd say short sighted as I do lots of work for organisations where I have to create a PNG file with both logos. It would be such a simple fix to allow the import of 2 or more images in the edit watermark option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Load this lightroom plugin. Works like a charm and much quicker than any other option out there.

https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrmogrify2.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appologize if I'm overlooking something, but I can't find a solution how to export a watermark containing text AND logo together. A client wants his logo in the upper left and his url in the lower right corner. Seems to be the simplest thing on earth but lightroom forces me to decide wether if I want to use a graphic OR the text. Is there really no onboard-solution? Thanks for any helpful hint!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is currently limited to applying a single watermark per Export Pass.

Options:

1.  Use a plugin like Mogrify which allows for multiple Watermarks/Annotations
  2.  Create a single Watermark containing both the Graphic and Text component (will be aspect-limited to the ratio of the files on your export) (e.g. A 4x6 watermark will not necessarily work on a square image)
  3.  Use multiple export passes (Apply Graphic on Export, reimport the photos and export a second time with the text watermark) In this case you would want to apply the first pass to a loss-less format (PNG, Tiff, PSD).

When I've needed this in the past it was limited and option 2 was an easy fix. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply Rikk really appreciate it!

1. tried Mogrify, had some issues with the tool, I'll try to dig deeper. 

2. seems like a inconvenient but logical solution. Problem is only if there are mixed portrait/landscape orientated pictures.

3. this is how I did it. It works of course but its a pain... 🙂

Adobe, seriously - why isn't that implemented?

Votes

Translate

Translate