• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do my images differ between the Develop and Library modules?

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating I have been developing images and then once I click back to the library the image looks completely different?? The vibrance, saturation and noise reduction does not stay as they were in the Develop module. When opening it back in Develop it goes back to how I had developed it. When exporting and syncing it does so with the lesser developed Library version, and when I went to crop and image on my mobile device it briefly reverted back to the more colourful and vibrant Develop version and then quickly back again. What is going on?! This has only been happening since updating the the newest version, so wondering if this is a bug and if anyone else is having the same issue? Surely it makes sense for the image to stay how I developed it across all modules and then also sync this version to my mobile device?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

When Library and Develop don't match, it's usually caused by a defective monitor profile.

As troubleshooting, and as a temporary fix, try setting the monitor profile to sRGB (or Adobe RGB if you have wide gamut monitor).

See instructions here: http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

If this fixes the issue, you should ideally calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator, which will create a custom monitor profile that accu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Catherine,

Sounds like Lr is thinking while syncing? Does it happen to all images i.e images that you worked on a couple of days ago?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lounge Forum is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum... A program would be Lightroom Classic or Lightroom CC or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When Library and Develop don't match, it's usually caused by a defective monitor profile.

As troubleshooting, and as a temporary fix, try setting the monitor profile to sRGB (or Adobe RGB if you have wide gamut monitor).

See instructions here: http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-...

If this fixes the issue, you should ideally calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator, which will create a custom monitor profile that accurately describes your monitor.

John T Smith I'm guessing Lightrom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines