• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is it taking 5 minutes after I hit Delete to remove 39 photos from a collection with 133951 photos?

Participant ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a collection with the majority of my catalog's photos in it, then was going to try weeding out individual images that aren't worth getting prints of.  Now it is taking an UnGodly amount of time to even move between sections of the collection in grid view.  If I try to apply the brush keyword tool onto a section of photos, some of them are not getting marked with the selected keyword unless I spend about 1/2 second pausing over each thumbnail in the grid.  Since I am trying to work with a sub-collection of the photos eventually, am I going to have to export them as a separate catalog with duplicates of all the previews and such just so it doesn't cease working anytime I am requesting it to apply keywords or add to a different collection or remove from the current collection or turn the filters back on or off?

Does stacking photos in a collection take forever and does it display any type of meter bar to show how many more photos it has to do before being finished?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the past, some of us have observed that deleting from very large collections performs badly:Re: Lightroom slow deleting collection set. Advice?

Probably LR is using an inappropriate algorithm.

I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum with all the details: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to include the first ten lines from the menu command Help > System Info. Adobe product developers read everything posted there but rarely participate here (which is primarily a user-to-user forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines