• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Lr creating a second Year/Month folder under existing folders?

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a YYYY/MM folder set up that used to automatically create a new month folder under the appropriate year folder. Now when I upload images it is creating a second year/month folder under the existing structure. Why?

Screenshot_7_2_21__1_02_PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

This issue has been Resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening that way because you are selecting the wrong target folder. You have selected the existing "04" folder, whilst at the same time telling LrC to import into the the yyyy/mm date-based folder structure.....so that's exactly what it does, i.e. it creates a yyyy/mm folder under the selected folder if it does not already exists, and puts the new images in there. You need to select the folder that sits ABOVE your "year" folders, then it will work as you expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue has been Resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines