• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is LRC with 1TB subscription plan gone?

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering subscribing to Lightroom Classic. This offer existed with 1TB the past months. Now it seems to be gone. I can only subscribe to LR + 1TB without Classic. Or I have to choose LR + PS + 20GB to get LR Classic.

LR without LR Classic is useless for serious image editing. If you sell LR without LR Classic, I think many users think it is the full package. But no, they only get a minimized LR! Sorry, this is not customer friendly!

I do not understand your strategy! This is annoying. I do not need PS and do not want to pay for something I will not use! I only need LR Classic inlcuding 1TB cloud space.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you come here and ask such a question? We are not Adobe here, we are Lightroom Classic users in this forum, we don't know. You should ask Adobe.

By the way, it still says, on the Adobe web site "Need more storage ... ?" and gives a phone number to call

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can Always Upgrade your Adobe Online storage capacity from the CC Desktop app. Of course for an Extra charge.

But I don't think whatever that extra charge is, is any different whether you buy the Photography plan with the extra storage or add it later.

2020-11-28 08_12_14-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not appear to be missing, just maybe a bit harder to find due to advertising changes

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html?promoid=9DJJ4N49&mv=other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I want to have Lightroom Classic with 1 TB webspace, I have to choose a package including Photoshop and pay round about 23 Euro each month. I don't need Photoshop. I simply want Lightroom Classic with 1 TB space for 12 Euro. This offer has been removed from the subscription options. The only plan that makes sense for my purpose is gone. Ok, I do not want to bother you guys here anymore. You want to talk about Lightroom Classic and not about the subscription policy of Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not and never has been an option.

Before the 1 TB LrD plan came around (Before LrD was ever released) the Photography plan only came with the 20GBs of cloud storage.

So I have no idea where you thought you saw this as an optrion but it never existed.

So as JimHess asked below why do you think you need the 1 TB of cloud storage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you ONLY need Lightroom Classic then why do you feel you need 1 TB cloud storage? Lightroom Classic can only upload smart previews to the cloud, and they do not impact your cloud storage at all. You cannot even use up the 20 GB of storage with the "basic" plan. Are you importing images directly to Lightroom (the Cloud verrsion)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you for clarification. I thought, I can backup my RAW-Files using the Cloud Storage.

However, for users who need PS + LR the subscription plan is a good deal. For those who only use LR it is not. I pay for a software, I do not use. I hope some day there will be a plan for LR Classic only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There will never be a lower prices plan that only included LrC.

Placing your RAW files on ANY Cloud storage system will not gauranty they will be safe.

If you stop payingthey are Gone. 

If that system fails for any reason, they are gone.

You are better off having multiple external drives that you COPY the RAW files to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic was only ever available with the Photography Plan.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines