• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is there no Lightroom only membership

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not need Photoshop and I do not want to pay 12 euro's for somthing I do not need. Only Lightroom is sufficient for me. And with a small fee I would be persuaded to take that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

We're not Adobe here in this forum, we are other Lightroom Classic users. We can't change the purchase requirements that Adobe has created.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not Adobe here in this forum, we are other Lightroom Classic users. We can't change the purchase requirements that Adobe has created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not paying 12 euro for something you don't need, because that 12 euros is the total charge, including what you do need. Then take a look at what Adobe charges for single apps other than Lightroom...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and simply what it cost before to get only a Photoshop or Lightroom license.

Of course I'd prefer to pay even less, but for about the price of one cup of coffee per week, the photography plan is a great deal IMO.

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all the responses. Maybe I should clarify something. I am a hobby photographer and not a semi-amateur or professional photographer. I was looking for an alternative to Picassa in 2010,  I got into LR 3, and in 2016 I bought LR 6. All this for about 200 euros. My usage is ad hoc and sometimes times not. Costing in the end 1,20 euro per month. If there had been an LR 10, I would have bought it and until now it would have been 2.5 euros per month. A price I was willing to pay. If I had payed 12 euro from the beginning I would have paid 1440 euro. And if it would be my work, a price well spend.

And still LR 6 suits me fine, but now the map module and the face recognition no longer work, and LR sometimes stops working. I don't need Photoshop at all. So buying LR separately was a great solution.

I also hoped Adobe would read these fora.

Hence this post and questions. Because now I unfortunately have to look for alternative and I can't find it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines