• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why some Profiles are available for jpg and raw, and some only for raw pictures ?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started to use profile in LRC and I added some download from web and some I created myself in ACR.

When I am on a RAW picture all the profile are available see image below

ACR 03.PNG

But when i on a jpg foto ( in this case take with my gopro) only half of the profile are available

ACR 04.PNG

Any ideas why this happens and if there is a fix for it ?

Tnx in advance!

Ps ACR 13.0.2 - LRC 10.0 - PS 22.0.0 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

From the article in this link-

! PROFILE INFO (Lr Queen)

There are two main types of profiles – camera-specific profiles and creative profiles. Camera-specific profiles only apply to raw photos, so for rendered files (JPEG/TIFF/PSD/PNG), you’ll find a Basic folder containing just Color and B&W.

Demystifying Lightroom Profiles - In-Depth Guide (Free Profiles) - PhotoTraces

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the article in this link-

! PROFILE INFO (Lr Queen)

There are two main types of profiles – camera-specific profiles and creative profiles. Camera-specific profiles only apply to raw photos, so for rendered files (JPEG/TIFF/PSD/PNG), you’ll find a Basic folder containing just Color and B&W.

Demystifying Lightroom Profiles - In-Depth Guide (Free Profiles) - PhotoTraces

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the answer !

Now it kind of make sense, but I find this all story really time consuming and not intuitive at all and even less practical ... ( i just wasted my all evening trying to figure out those stuffs...)

But thanks again ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines