• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wich version?

Participant ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to buy Lightroom but I don't know which version.
I would like to know if there is a full version of Adobe Camera Raw in Lightroom and what it means that Photoshop is also included (which is a different and more powerful program).
Any explanation and information about it will be very welcome!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want Lightroom Classic, the current version is 9.2.1. Lightroom Classic has all of the features of Adobe Camera Raw, and when you purchase the subscription to the Adobe Photography Plan, you get both Lightroom Classic and Photoshop for (in the United States) $9.99 per month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And be very careful, The Adobe marketing geniuses (not) fouled up beyond all  reason the product naming when thee first started marketing to the mobile device crowd.

"Lightroom" is a version where you run it on a computer, Uses Albums on the cloud, but store photos to the cloud. And is less capable. Think of this as Lightroom not Classic.

"Lightroom Classic",  is the upgrade of the original program, it runs on a computer, uses catalogs on a computer, stores photos on a computer

It is a Photography plan you will want.

So, when you look to the Plans to subscribe to, you will see a Lightroom Plan, That plan only porovides Lightroom (Lightroom not Classic)

The Photography Plan, either 20 GB or 1 TB of cloud storage, provudes Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, Bridge, and a few others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for replying!
Yes, I would like LR and ACR in full versions. So if I don't get it wrong, the 12.19 Euro per month subscription plan  (photography) version should be right for me, right? It includes LR, LR CC, PS and Bridge and I also believe ACR in full version, right?
But Photoshop is in light or complete version?
Thanks so much!!! I didn't know about the difference between LR and LR CC, I thought it was the same thing.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for Adobe Camera RAW, ACR has always been hard coded into Lightroom, the seperate ACR plugin for Photoshop. Now days Adobe is very good at keeping both bits of code matching up to date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know how the monthly payment of the installment takes place or how to pay in a single solution ... I would not want to click on buy now and make a mistake.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Classic + Photoshop bundle (Photography plan) is a yearly subscription. It can be paid once per year or 12 monthly payments. It will auto-renew each year unless you cancel the subscription before the renewal date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, but how do you pay? Bulletin, monthly or annual RID? Paypal?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Photoshop in the Photography plan is the full Photoshop. Yes the Photography plan includes Adobe Camera  RAW, now called Camera RAW. 

Payment via credit card, either monthly payment or yearly payment. I have no idea if they offer Europe a small (very small) discount for yearly (check European Adobe web site). Be aware, if you choose monthly payments, you are still contracting for a year at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "light" version of Photoshop. The Photoshop you get with the Photography Plan is the full thing.

Unless you are thinking of Photoshop Elements, which is not what you will get if you subscribe to the Photography Plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines