• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Adobe Creative Cloud install the LR 6.14 update?

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running LR 6.13 (perpetual license) and it's working fine, but I'd like to get the 6.14 update.

Is there an automated installation option available through Adobe Creative Cloud (4.3.0.256)?  If not, is it possible to just download and install an update package, or do I need to reinstall the entire application?

Platform:  Mac OS Sierra (10.12.6).

Thanks!

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

No it will not.

You should get the update for LR 6 from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Click on the icon > next to LR 6 to expand it and download the .14 update for your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it will not.

You should get the update for LR 6 from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Click on the icon > next to LR 6 to expand it and download the .14 update for your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Lightroom 6.13 open, I just clicked on Help > Updates.  When it said update was available, I just clicked to update it and it downloaded and installed the update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your suggestion, I went back to the Apps page of Adobe Creative Cloud.  I clicked the down arrow on the left to expand the Lightroom Classic CC entry.  That gave me a second option for updating Lightroom.  From there, I believe I clicked the What's New link for Lightroom CC (2015).  That information told me that 6.14 would be installed, so I clicked the Update button for Lightroom CC (2015) -- and it did just what I wanted.

Just Shoot Me​, I do appreciate your input also.  I did not download the 6.14 update, but I did download the full Lightroom for future use (as a backup).  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is listed on the top of that page I linked to is the Base Installer. That will only give you 6.0. You should also download the 6.14 update so you have all part to reinstall if you need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I suspected that might be the case but had not yet looked into it more closely.  I have now downloaded the 6.14 update also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines