• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will we ever get a percentage done indicator?

Participant ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me to see a % done indicator in most tasks that LR Classic is doing I have to exit the program for a second onto something else on my taskbar in Windoze 10 and look down at the icon to see how far along ALRC has gotten in its trail.  Since changing what task I have being the prime selection is a bad idea when trying to get LR to have the most processing power, this is a bad way to have to learn about such when the program is my main thing I want running.

Especially as I know I grow more and more tired of seeing the top of the window looking like the attached picture considering how much I pay to lease this program every year.LR Not Responding.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprisingly there is one, at least on Windows. It shows up on the Task Bar icon for LR. That is IIRC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For it to show up on the task bar icon the program has to be minized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

There is a progress bar displayed in the upper-left corner for long-running tasks in LR, e.g.

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 2.29.04 PM.png

Are you not seeing that?

Note that "(Not Responding)" in the window's title bar indicates that LR is not behaving normally.  Even when LR is doing intensive computation (such as a large export), "Not Responding" shouldn't appear. If this is happening frequently, that suggests you've got an abnormal performance issue with your configuration.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines