Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Win10] Lightroom 9.0 crash doesn't start

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I started experiencing a nasty issue after an update - Lightroom Classic fails to start. The message in the events log is

Faulting application name: Lightroom.exe, version: 9.0.0.10, time stamp: 0x5da5965d
Faulting module name: DirectML.dll, version: 10.0.18362.267, time stamp: 0xd1d24d33

I installed the latest drivers for my GPU (GeForce GTX 1050 Ti) but the problem still persists. Anybody else experiencing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you contact ADobe and tell them your problem and they sort if you have any problems after you contact them about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/Edited/

Strike that, the line 

Faulting module name: DirectML.dll, version: 10.0.18362.267

Is refering to Windows 10 version/build, not the DirectX version.

Odd that DirectX 10 is mentioned instead of DirectX 12.

Win 10 supports v12, that GPU supports v12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will make an assumption that when you installed the GPU driver, that you ran the default Express install. That would be the normal process in a well behaved computer.

If so, try again, but select Custom and select to accomplish a clean install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, the GPU driver si freshly updated but I did run the "Express Installation". I'll try again with the "Custom Install" to see if this fixes things.

I get the same error with previous versions of LR as well, I tried 8.3.1 and 8.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue. I did a fresh install of my video drivers but I get the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to read the following, or look for similar pages. I just got this by searching google for "direectx 12 failure"

https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12289-how-to-fix-directx-errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines