• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Win32 API error 2 ("The system cannot find the file specified.") when calling ShellExecuteExW from A

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot export images after processing in Lightroom 5 (the newest version). See the message on top.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

At the bottom of the Export dialog, this pop-up is probably blank.  Select Do Nothing or another option and it should go away.

Export_One_File-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. EIZO were you able to find a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the Export dialog, this pop-up is probably blank.  Select Do Nothing or another option and it should go away.

Export_One_File-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I was having the same issue and this fixed it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Victoria.  Good solution.  I had the same problem too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Victoria - that worked for me too!

Such a simple solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic result. Why fantastic. I have had to export many photos from LR and had to put up with that darn (being polite) error message every time. So annoying. This took care of it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Victoria.  Fantastic help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if not setting Post-Processing option results in a cryptic error why doesn't Adobe do one of at least three things?

1. Don't let user click Export on Export dialog if nothing's selected for Post-Processing.

2. Default Post-Processing to Do Nothing

3. Give the user a hint as to what the problem is when the error occurs instead of issuing cryptic error message.

Allowing this error to persist for so long is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredulous - it worked! Fixed the problem... that had me befuddled for months! (Exporting images would work, without exception... but always the dire warning message appeared). Even tried an Uninstall and fresh Install (5.7.1) from Adobe CC - which didn't fix it.
Thank you Ms Bampton, a message you posted nearly two years ago! Timeless information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ms Bampton!  Images were being exported but the warning message was appearing anyway. Your solution fixed this problem: LR5 exports images as directed but no more warning messages.  As "okieed" said above, "timeless information."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded Photoshop CC and had the sa,e issue.  Thanks Victoria for the answer!  Worked like a champ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thank you!! Started a week ago on LR5.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too - wish all fixes were that easy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2015 Jan 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Victoria, I think this was my problem too. Would it be so hard for the programmers to have the error code say: "No after export option selected."? Or is that too simple? Again, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2016 May 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! The export always worked but just as 'always' came up wit the silly message which I just about tolerated . You have squashed that bug for me. Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I would like to add that when I got the error code the program had actually accomplished the export.  When I exported more than one photo the program functioned normally until it got to the last photo.  That is when I got the error message but the program had exported the last photo in spite of the message.  This was true if I exported one or more photos at a time.  I was exporting to my computer's main hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Victoria - I could kiss your face!!!  Thank you so much 😃  Shari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines