• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 Reboots when Lightroom open

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My desktop computer is spontaneously rebooting when Lightroom is open. This happens anywhere from 2-30 minutes after Lightroom is open. The computer does not crash or reboot for any other program. The only message that appears in Event Viewer is the following.

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 9/17/2019 7:52:11 PM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
User: SYSTEM
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

I have updated to the latest version of Windows, Lightroom and all of my motherboard BIOS and drivers. I'm running out of ideas for things to check and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Search the web (google) using  ;

Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)

Lots of incidents, but not involving Lightroom Classic.

for example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-power-error-the-system-has-rebooted-wit...

Perhaps a hardware issue, perhaps a driver issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not forget that Lightroom Classic uses lots of resources. Phtoshop for one is a lot tamer in this regard. Lightroom Classic can be even nastier than high level games. So Lightroom Classic may be stumbling onto a hardware problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, some items to consider

1. Do you have use GPU acceleration on or off. If on turn it off, see if that helps

2. Is this a desktop PC? Could the GPU (card) be loose, could an auxiliary power cable to the GPU be loose?

3. Are you overclocking the CPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, you might, if you have not already, post your problem at :

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?topi...

Where actual  Adobe techs hang out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the replies. While I'm not overclocking, I believe that the CPU is overheating. I've ordered some thermal paste and will re-attach the CPU heat sink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the things I would be concentrating on is checking the RAM modules to see if one is failing. There are usually two or four..
Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replace CPU cooler rated at 95w with one rated at 150w. 
AIDA64 Stress Test for 2 hours - No issues
Prime95 Stress Test for 1 hour - No issues
Temps rarely getting above 80 degrees C now.

However, the issue still occurred when opening Lightroom. I narrowed it down to Lightroom Sync. The machine would reboot whenever Sync was enabled. I deleted the entire mobile sync from the web and how Lightroom runs without the machine rebooting. It's quite disappointing to learn that this could be caused by Sync. No software should cause a machine reboot without throwing an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Lightroom version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic

8.4.1 release

Build 201909111355-eb9b68f0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to use Lightroom for about a week after deleting all sync data. Now, the computer has again started spontaneously rebooting when Lightroom is opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same problem, my friend. Please let me know if you have any better news. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine turned out to be a bad motherboard. Replacing the motherboard fixed this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines