• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 update version 2004

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! to let you know. Yesterday, after installing the Windows 10 update version 2004, Lightroom Classic was horrific to handle, it will work but a slider movement takes 10 seconds, that alone should be immediate, real-time handling, as you all might know 10 secs is an eternity for an app. Every time, every movement, every click was accessing my SSD hard disk like a hungry beast. I did every possible move to improve it but nothing worked.

Then, I decided to roll back and restore the previous Windows 10 installation. Result? back to business. This seems to be related more to Windows 10 Pro version 2004 because I noticed that other applications were slow and behaving differently. Best regards.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When upgrading the OS it's always worth reading through what changes have been implemented. In some cases the changes can have a significant adverse impact on some applications, especially if left at  defaults.

I'm not a Windos user. However, reading the release notes for 2004 I notice that one of the feature improvements mentioned is Windows Defender.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whats-new/whats-new-windows-10-version-2004

If you left it with new default settings it's possible that the realtime checks that it carries out in the background may well have been interfering with the Lightroom catalog and preview, which the application is continually updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines