Highlighted

Windows Lightroom Classic problemo

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently switched from Mac to Windows. I use Lightroom and Photoshop daily, im experiencing in Issue with Lightroom. It runs all day long and litterally every 15 minutes or so the import module starts up on its own, it does this with no media to import connedted to the PC. Im working on a Alienware PC running Windows 10 with tons of HD space and 64 GB ram.  This never ever happened on any Mac ive worked on since i started using LR in 2007   If anyone has ever experienced this or can help. Please advise. 

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Mac, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Windows Lightroom Classic problemo

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently switched from Mac to Windows. I use Lightroom and Photoshop daily, im experiencing in Issue with Lightroom. It runs all day long and litterally every 15 minutes or so the import module starts up on its own, it does this with no media to import connedted to the PC. Im working on a Alienware PC running Windows 10 with tons of HD space and 64 GB ram.  This never ever happened on any Mac ive worked on since i started using LR in 2007   If anyone has ever experienced this or can help. Please advise. 

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Mac, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a SD or other card inserted?

Do you have a camera attached?

Do you have an Android device attached?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is attatched, Just a Hard drive, Keyboard, wacom tablet and monitors. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the Import dialogue box opens, does it show any images it's trying to import? What source is it showing? This would give you a clue as to whether you have anything with images attached to your computer as it could be even a mobile phone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesnt! Ill capture a screen shot the next time it does it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some background utilities create virtual drives frequently, and every time they do, LR thinks a new device (e.g. an SD card) has been attached and opens the Import window on it. A couple of troubleshooting steps:

- As soon as the Import window opens spontaneously, make a screenshot of it. This may show you which drive was created. But if the utility immediately closes the drive, you may not see it.

- Start Windows in Safe Mode and see if it still happens. If it doesn't, then use the Startup tab in Task Manager to disable all the startup programs and then reenable them one by one until you see the problem occur again.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bigger hammer approach:

under /edit/preferences/general/  turn off the "show import dialog" option.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0