Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow with Leica M10 Monochrom

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

With color, my usual workflow is importing into Lightroom (Tiff, ProPhoto0, then edit in Photoshop.  Although I am very pleased with the Leica M10 Monochrom, I am quite confused at this point, despite a good deal on online research.  The M10M has a monochrome sensor, but when I attempt to export from Lightroom in Tiff, I must enter a "color profile."  I understand that in cameras with a color sensor that are set to photograph in B&W, the images will be exported in color.  The issue is that the M10M has a monochrome sensor, and I am unsure of what to select when exporting in Tiff profile.  If I export my monochrome files in ProPhoto, am I not just duplicating information in the color channels resulting in huge file sizes?  When I convert to greyscale in Photoshop, the filesize drops appropriately, but am I losing information?

I have also tried Camera RAW, and when I select Tiff to export, the color profile menu appears.  What should I select to export the photo will all of the information the camera recorded?  I can adjust the picture in Photoshop afterwards.  Are there B&W profiles I can download and select?

Sorry for the long post, but this monochrome stuff is messing with my mind!!

Thanks in advance,

William

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?