• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong keywords added on Import

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I imported a couple of images with two kewords to add on import (say 'keyword1' and 'keyword2').

That went fine and the images were imported correctly with the correct keywords.

However every import I have done afterwords has also added these two keywords to the image as well as any other keyword I have assigned.

Why has this started happening, and how can I stop it.

Thank you

Peter

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import, make sure those keywords are not leftover from previous import, check that panel in the import screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above.

You need to REVIEW ALL OPTIONS in the Import dialog window BEFORE you Click the Import button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no keywords left over. I know that as I have entered new ones for subsequent images, and the field was blank beforehand each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what I did, but it's cured.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a tip: rather than needing to re-check all the import options every single time, you can set up known import settings and then save those as a named import preset. Aside from annually changing the copyright year applied by metadata preset, one can employ the exact same import preset over many years.

Recalling that (tried and tested) preset, each time, ensures with a single click that there will never be any surprises. No leftover keywords or other unwanted import settings. I have LR auto-file by capture date, hence the Copy destination never requires any input from me whatever. And I have another import preset suitably set up for Add imports.

My only involvement is to recall the preset, (optionally) type in whatever batch keywords are appropriate for this particular new set, and click Import. Hence the opportunities for pilot error are few, and the user effort is minimal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines