• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong photo is deleted

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I choose to delete a photo in Lightroom Classic another photo is deleted. Yes, it is that weird.

I choose a photo, any photo because I have tried with different photos from different photosessions. And always a real photo not a virtual copy and the photos I choose have no virtual copy. I hit <delete> or I right-click and choose delete. I get a message like this (A translation from Swedish) "Do you want to remove the selected master photo from disk or only from Lightroom?"

My first concern is why it is saying "master photo" (or maybe it is called "main photo" in English?).

Because I want to remove this photo from disk, not just Lightroom, I choose "Remove from disk".

After that the photo is still there. But in the trash on the computer I can find a totally other photo! There are no similarity in the name of the photo or date or anything else.

Please help!

I use Lightroom Classic on my PC. I do not use Lightrrom CC (yet). I think this problem occured with the latest upgrade of Lightroom, or maybe with the latest upgrade of Windows 10. Did these upgrades at the same time.

I have restarted the computer and Lightroom at least two times since I first encountered this problem.

/Anna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

There have been some reports about the grid view not showing the currently selected photo properly.  See if this bug report is similar to your situation: Lightroom Classic: Library Module - grid and strip no longer synchronized | Photoshop Family Customer Community . It contains a workaround from Adobe employee Simon Chen that might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says "master" (and master is the correct term in English) because it is a master picture, not a clone and not a copy.

I've now expressively tested and I did delete the selected picture and I did find the correct picture in the trash and could restore from the trash (I didn't expect something other).

Please post sequentially your delete operation as I strongly suspect something other going on.

Please empty before this operation the trash, so that you are sure, that there is no left over. Make sure that all relevant pieces are on the screen copies.

If you have privacy concerns for the pictures, you may shoot scrap, import that into a new catalog and demonstrate you problem with those shoots.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been some reports about the grid view not showing the currently selected photo properly.  See if this bug report is similar to your situation: Lightroom Classic: Library Module - grid and strip no longer synchronized | Photoshop Family Custome... . It contains a workaround from Adobe employee Simon Chen that might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Resetting the LRs preferences helped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines