• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XMP Files not showing up on Lightroom classic 9.1

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read around 20+ questions on this and have followed all the suggested steps. None of them work. 

The presets seem to appear in camera raw but will not appear in lightroom CC 9.1

I have made sure the 'store presets with this catalog' has been unticked. The XMP files have been placed in Camera Raw > Settings

The + sign on the preset panel doesn't give me an option to important, it just allows me to create my 'own'. 

what am I doing wrong!? 

gdsgh.JPG

Capture.JPGretw.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Develop preset only show up for the camera, make nd model, they were created from/for.

So If you create a develop preset with  a Canon camera image selected and then you select a image from a Nikon camera that preset will not show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Profiles are camera specific, but develop presets refer to LR sliders which can be set equivalently no matter what camera was used (except that, whether the image is Raw based or non-Raw based may make some technical difference).

It is true that a preset may impose a particular profile, if that option is checked in the selectivity dialog for the preset. And profiles of the usual sort are camera specific. But when a profile is picked (such as "Adobe Standard") whereby a same-named version exists for every camera - then the appropriate camera's respective "Adobe Standard" profile will get automatically used.

Lightroom's develop presets live not within 'CameraRaw', but in a subfolder of the 'Lightroom' configuration folder which sits alongside. Same thing for LR import and export presets, watermarks and such.

LR and ACR do share in common: camera defaults, lens profiles, camera calibration profiles. So these all sit within the CameraRaw folder, and Lightroom knows to look there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<deleted>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lightroom's develop presets live not within 'CameraRaw', but in a subfolder of the 'Lightroom' configuration folder which sits alongside."

That changed in LR 7.2 -- develop presets now live in the CameraRaw/Settings folder, as shown in the File Explorer screenshot above.   Adobe made this change so presets could be shared with Camera Raw.

There are two easy ways to verify where develop presets are currently stored:

1. Do Preferences > Presets > Show Lightroom Develop Presets.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

2. In the Presets panel in Develop, right-click a preset and do Show In Finder / Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, right, thanks for the correction.

My own XMP ones include a line "cameramodelrestriction = " with a blank value following. I suppose some Develop presets might gain by being camera-model-specific but this would be a pain in the neck for most general purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

hayley_eh62007165, thanks for including screenshots. There are two suspicious clues:

gdsgh.JPG

There should be a little down arrow next to the "+", but there isn't in your screenshot.

The current label of this button:

Capture.JPG

is Show Lightroom Develop Presets.

You say you're on LR 9.1, but likely you're on an older version. Do the Help > System Info command to verify the precise version your're running. If it says 9.1, please copy/paste the first ten lines here -- there could be other clues there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if Help > System Info shows you're on a previous version, do Help > Updates to install 9.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think this has gotten muddled up a bit, so some inquiries

1. Are you saying you cannot see develop presets no matter what?

2. Can you see a few presets that come with Lightroom Classic? Or absolutely nothing.

3. And does this differ if you are working with RAW as opposed to JPEG?

4. In that Presets Panel, that + sign, right click, can you select manage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines