• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.XMP Parse threw unknown exception (win7, PC, LR5)

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant even export anything , ive been using LR5 for over a year on my home PC in win7.

something is wrong with the metadata but i cant export any image from any album...

and im having trouble finding any information on this. it just started happening and ive never seen it before.

i only shoot in JPG mostly  so im not even trying to convert to DNG.

do i need to delete all xmp's?Screenshot 2017-07-28 19.17.17.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Hi joffreym778,

If you only shoot in Jpeg, all the xmp's are not of much use. Jpeg bakes the metadata within the file you save/export unlike Raw images that need a sidecar xmp.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joffreym778,

If you only shoot in Jpeg, all the xmp's are not of much use. Jpeg bakes the metadata within the file you save/export unlike Raw images that need a sidecar xmp.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That answers nothing. I just started getting the same result. Cannot export in any way. Have used LR 4 for years, even uninstall and reinstall with same result: .XMP Parse threw unknown exception

I use Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines