Highlighted

XMP preset not showing in Lightroom Classic CC

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have imported 30 xmp presets into Lightroom but only the folder shows up with nothing in it. I have tried saving them individually into the user presets but they don't show there either. The 'Store presets with this catalogue' is unchecked and I would appreciate any advice that you can give.

Thanks

Lynn

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

XMP preset not showing in Lightroom Classic CC

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have imported 30 xmp presets into Lightroom but only the folder shows up with nothing in it. I have tried saving them individually into the user presets but they don't show there either. The 'Store presets with this catalogue' is unchecked and I would appreciate any advice that you can give.

Thanks

Lynn

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

Troubleshooting steps:

1. Do Help > System Info and verify you are running Lightroom Classic 9.2. If you're running a previous version, do Help > Updates and verify that you've actually updated to 9.2.

2. In the Presets panel, click the "+" menu and then Manage Presets:

johnrellis_0-1586625300226.png

In the Manage Presets window, make sure every group (what Adobe calls preset folders) is checked, and click Save. In the Presets panel, expand every group by clicking the grey triangle and look for your preset there.  (The group of a preset is stored inside the .xmp file.)

3. The .xmp files may be "creative profiles" rather than Develop presets. In Develop's Basic panel on the right, click the profile browser:

johnrellis_1-1586625627966.png

Then expand every group by clicking the grey triangles, and look for your presets there.

4. If none of this helps, upload one of the .xmp files to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. We can see what might be going wrong.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fall over on the first step, I'm running 7.2 and when I go into updates it says 9.2 is not compatible. Guess I have to update my PC to get them, but thanks for your help, its much appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm running 7.2 and when I go into updates it says 9.2 is not compatible. Guess I have to update my PC to get them"

Are you running Windows 8?  Lightroom Classic 9.2 is compatible with both Windows 7 and Windows 10:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LynnDA68 LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm running a mac with Sierra, so I think I'll have to update it before I can update Lightroom but thanks anyway 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines