• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Xrite i1Studio print color profiles not accepted by Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problem with Lightroom Classic  not accepting my Print color profiles generated with Xrite i1Studio calibrator.

The printer color profile (For my Epson ET-4750 printer + PermaJet MattPlus 240 paper) is generated  successfully using the calibrator and i1Studio software latest release 1.5.1. The profile is stored in C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color, Lightroom finds it and I can select it OK, but when I try to print, Lightroom gives the error message
"The custom profile selected for this print job is missing or invalid". I have tried to save the color profile both as ICC v2 and v4. Also tried to use extensions .icm and .icc with the same negative result. I am on Lightroom classic rel 9.3. Please advise, anyone else with similar problems?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Problem solved!

My Windows printer name is ET-4750 Series (Nätverk) and i1Studio automatically suggest a profile name including the printer name. I add the paper name to the profile and in the final stage i1Studio adds date and time leading to the final ICC profile filename "ET-4750 Series (Nätverk)_PJ MattPlus240_20200905_0906.icm" . As you can guess (Nätverk) is Swedish language for Network and it turns out Lightroom does not like the Swedish umlaut character "ä" in the filename. After editing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know Xrite i1Studio, but here's a thought. There are LUT based icc-profiles and there are matrix based icc-profiles. Check which version you created and try the other one if Xrite i1Studio supports both.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for suggestion. In the Xrite i1Studio software there is no option to create LUT or Matrix based ICC printer profiles. However on one of their support pages they favour Matrix based profiles, so I guess that is what comes out.

"Matrix based profiles are used for simpler devices, such as scanners and monitors, while LUT-based profiles are used for more complex devices, such as printers. There are many different color spaces available, and most of them are matrix based. The advantages of a matrix-based profile are conversion speed and the ability to convert back and forth.
While there isn't a right way or wrong way to select this setting, for general-purpose work, X-Rite recommends creating a matrix-based ICC display profile. For greater color precision, you may wish to select the table-based option"

//Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange that they talk about it if they do not offer the choice. From what they say about LUT profiles, I would conclude that the printer profile is LUT however. They favor matrix for display profiles.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, my mistake.

//Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved!

My Windows printer name is ET-4750 Series (Nätverk) and i1Studio automatically suggest a profile name including the printer name. I add the paper name to the profile and in the final stage i1Studio adds date and time leading to the final ICC profile filename "ET-4750 Series (Nätverk)_PJ MattPlus240_20200905_0906.icm" . As you can guess (Nätverk) is Swedish language for Network and it turns out Lightroom does not like the Swedish umlaut character "ä" in the filename. After editing the filename to "ET-4750 Series_PJ MattPlus240_20200905_0906.icm" Lightroom accepts the printer color profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines