• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You are probably aware of this, but just as a review, the...

LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably aware of this, but just as a review, the last and FINAL update for Lightroom 6 was version 6.14. There will be no more updates, no more upgrades, no more support for Lightroom 6. That was the end of the line. The only path forward is to go to Lightroom Classic. Lightroom Classic IS a standalone program. It installs on your computer and runs just like lightning 6. The files are stored on the computer just like Lightroom 6. It is part of the cloud system because the cloud is used to deliver the updates and upgrades. And the other "problem" if you want to call it that is that it is a subscription program. I'm not going to try to sell you on it. I'm just trying to clarify a few points.

If you are set on staying with Lightroom 6, you want to make sure you have updated to Lightroom 6.14. I will provide a link to the website where you can download that version at the end of this message. If you have installed 6.14 and have a camera that isn't supported because it is too new then Adobe provides a free DNG converter. This is a standalone program that you can use to convert all of your raw images to digital negative (DNG) files that can then be imported into Lightroom 6.14 and processed with all of the features available in that version. The DNG converter is updated every time Lightroom is updated, so you should always be able to have a version that will support your camera unless the camera is so new that Adobe hasn't had a chance to release a version that supports it yet.

Below is the link to the website that will have the Lightroom 6.14 download. It will be listed under the 2015 apps.

Link to Lightroom 6.14 download 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?