You need to rebuild!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I have been a loyal member and user for almost +10 years. I use the tool professionally. I just want to inform you that I am so tired of Lightrooms incredibly poor performance. You need to make a new start , otherwise you will loose users, and surely already do. There are so many options out there that have a stable and fast platform. Version 10 is a joke. Year after year you keep on giving us versions that feel more tired than an old jam jar. And the funny thing, we keep paying for it!!

Adobe, If you want to continue to be the greatest player in the business, you have to start listening to your users and take a step back and regroup. Analyze why you have such lousy performance and set up milestones and activities to improve. If you have a customer-focused mindset, please monitor your key performance indicators.

This customer wants a fast, stable and efficient application that can help deliver photos, on time with the right quality. Unfortunately, Adobe. I can not do that with Lightroom Classic.

Rebuild it! 

Regards

//Anders Törngren

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Hi, Guys"

Who are you talking to? This is a public forum made up of Adobe customers. We have no control over the software. Adobe developers of the software don't come here at all. So why are you telling us this?

Maybe you should tell Adobe this, instead of us. There is a link on the main page of this forum that says "Submit product feedback". Adobe reads the contents there, not here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, of course they don't come here at all! That would be like listen to their customers. I will post on the link you recommend instead, or better just forget about it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do listen when the problems are posted in the proper forum. Bugs do get fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They respond when problems are posted at the official Adobe Feedback site, where Adobe Techs monitor:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872?cType=PROBLEM&page=...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend:  When Adobe changed to subscription a few years ago, I left all things Adobe, and tried (paid for, installed, tried, de-installed) their top competitors (no names).  Nothing can replace Photoshop, and I mean by a VERY long shot.  Regarding LR, well, it's a catalog front end, and is more than just ok. Both of these products are created by true professionals.  I know this because I've used other products, and also because I'm an IT profesisonal (ret.) of 35 years, and can spot products that are not up to professional standards. 

Yes, everthing is not perfect.  But consider, these apps are incredibly complicated underneath the covers. And consider this: Lightroom (Photoshop & other apps) have to work within operating systems (MAC and WINDOWS) that, themselves, are incredibly complex. 

Myself, there's things I'd like to see changed. But, I tell you, as an IT professional and fellow creator, I'm so happy to have LR and PS, even with a few warts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
anderst5003161 AUTHOR LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. Nothing can replace Photoshop, I'm aware of that. That's the only reason I actually stay with
Adobe. Glad to hear that you are happy with both LR & PS.

I have broken up with LR. To me, It is incomprehensible that Adobe can't find a more seamless integration between LR and PS. To me, it is also inconceivable that PS can be so well lubricated and well built while LR is the opposite.

Right now I am testing CO and how well it works as a catalog and if I can find a workflow that fits together with PS.

Hopefully it will work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines