• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ZFS and Lightroom classic import [Import does not allow browsing of subdirectories of ZFS file systems]

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using open ZFS on Mac OS 10.13.  Library Folders works as expected, showing the full folder hierarchy.

However, import does not allow browsing subdirectories of ZFS file systems.  It shows the mount points,

however, opening the file hierarchy with the triangle shows nothing.  Include subfolders does find images on the device.

This happens for both Source and Destination.

Does anyone have similar experience or success with ZFS?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi diekhans,

I do not have the answer to your question yet but I'll check with our engineering team and update the discussion.

Meanwhile, I'd recommend you to post this query on our Feedback community here: Lightroom Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Our Engineers do monitor this space and look for major feature requests or queries from our valuable users like you to shape the product further.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So reading between the lines you are using a ZFS formatted Sun NAS?

Is that the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not using a NAS.  This is a local ZFS RAID 1 using OpenZFS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither Apple nor Adobe supports OpenZFS. I would not trust my data on an unsupported file system, personally. My suggestion is move to APFS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI, for anyone who stumbles on this posting and interested in native OpenZFS on MacOS.  The ZFS people have added an option that fixes this issue, and other problems with some Mac programs looking inside of ZFS file systems.  Setting the option com.apple.devdisk=on on ZFS files systems makes lightroom import very happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines