• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: 1 Syncing Photo Never Syncs

LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with Lightroom CC (for Windows 10) perpetually showing that it is "Syncing 1 photo" (see screenshot below).

It seems that all my photos are synced, however. When I filter to show "Syncing" photos, no photos appear (see screenshot below). All my photos are in albums, and all my albums have the blue icon indicating that all photos in them are "Synced and stored locally." All my devices with Lightroom installed (including on the web) show the same number of total images.

I checked my diagnostic log. Under "Sync/Error Assets" an asset ID is listed. I found that asset ID in Managed Catalog.mcat and noted the associated filename. A photo with that filename no longer exists in Lightroom CC or my local backup drive. I had permanently deleted that file (i.e., I deleted the file and then also permanently deleted it from "Deleted Items"). When I tried to re-import an image with that same filename (just for testing purposes), Lightroom CC warned me about the duplicate image.

It seems that there might be a catalog database entry, but no image file to sync, hence the perpetual syncing. Does anyone know a way to remedy this situation (without taking unnecessarily drastic measures)? Thank you!

Steps I have taken unsuccessfully, thus far: Restart the program, restart my computer, pause/resume syncing, uninstall/reinstall Lightroom CC, install the prior version (2.3). Someone on a support chat suggested that I delete the local Managed Catalog files and let everything re-sync down from the web, but I do not want to do that if I don't have to (that solution seems unnecessarily drastic for such a relatively minor glitch).

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Lightroom CC: Syncing stuck forever.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
57 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, 

Are you still stuck with one image syncing?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac, and have been stuck for 3 days on one photo syncing.  Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2019 Aug 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2019 Aug 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A note form the engineer who reviewed your diagnostic log: 

"If they are I would recommend they use LrWeb to go to Sync Issues and delete the asset and then delete it again from the trash."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you review the image at https://lightroom.adobe.com, it should give you instructions about the state of the image and which client is stuck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom web doesn't show any sync issues (see below).

After further research, I believe that the asset ID I mentioned in our correspondence was a stack identifier, not an ID for an image. I found the asset ID listed under the diagnostic log's "Sync/Error Assets" in the Managed Catalog as part of this path:

/v2/catalogs/{Catalog ID}/stacks/{Problematic Asset ID}/assets/{Another Asset ID}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2019 Sep 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent you a private message...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2019 Sep 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional info Mike. We've filed a bug with sync team to review. In the meanwhile the cloud team is going to try to fix your account on the backend. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2019 Sep 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this issue. I sent you an email with some details on what worked. I can also provide more details, if they would be helpful to your team. Thank you very much for your help in solving this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2019 Sep 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this issue where Lightroom showed that it was perpetually syncing one photo. Here are steps I followed to fix my issue:

• My Lightroom diagnostic log showed an asset ID under the "Sync/Error Assets" section
  • I was able to glean from a rudimentary text-based search through one of my catalog files that the asset ID referred to a stack, not an image/video asset
  • I copied my Managed Catalog.wfindex database file located in C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data\{Catalog ID}\ (on Windows 10) to my SQLite directory. (SQLite is open-source database software.)
  • I used SQLite to query the "assets" and "stack_assets" tables in my copied catalog database
  • I discovered two existing images still associated with the problematic stack ID (there would've been at least three images originally associated with it—probably four)
  • I deleted those two images from my library in Lightroom
  • Lightroom stopped trying to sync one photo
  • I successfully re-imported (and synced) the two images I had deleted

This is pure conjecture, but thinking back to when this issue first arose, the cause might've been a flurry of activity that might not have allowed Lightroom's sync operation to catch up. I had just imported a large number of images. I was going through the newly imported images and stacking quite a few sets of bracketed images and creating HDR files from the images in the stacks. I also permanently deleted a few of the HDR images soon after I created them, including one that would've been in the problematic stack. Perhaps permanently deleting that image confused Lightroom as it tried to catch up with all my activity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 08, 2019 Sep 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue too. Lr Desktop showing one photo sync pending, filtering only syncing pictures gives me a black hole page.
On Lr web, no syncing issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2019 Sep 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should probably send me a diagnostic log:

Preferences>Account and hold down the option key to reveal the button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 09, 2019 Sep 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I have it generated, here's the OneDrive link https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsgF9JUMzDPSi6lUrOMTW4VOnXEV3Q?e=HWAcsI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2019 Sep 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

General Approach to find/fix stuck asset:

1)  Use the syncing filter on the search panel to find the asset, if found make an edit to it (i.e. adjust tint in a meaningless amount) and it should sync.

2) Look through the trash for an asset with a syncing indicator and restore and re-delete the asset, or just permanently delete it.  (search doesn't find anything in the trash)

3) Try running Lightroom Web and see if the asset shows up in the sync issues section.  If it does it will show the filename. The user can see the filename of the asset that is pending and can either try and search for the asset in LrDesktop or delete the asset using LrWeb and re-import it if they still have access to the file.

4) In LrWeb look in the deleted folder for an incomplete asset.  If it is there permanently delete the asset.

If you send the the Mini Report instead of the diagnostic log, we can identify the stuck asset much easier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rikk, it was hidden in the trash. Permanently deleted and stuck sync is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed Lightroom via the Mac App Store and face the same issue. It's syncing forever one photo. Already rebooted and removed deleted photos permanently but all in vain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the Filter Icon and use the Sync Status pulldown you should be able to see the single stuck image. Try editing it slightly and then moving to a different image to see if it becomes unstuck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, thanks for your help. I've followed your guidance but strangely it's showing 'Oh no! A black hole.' when I put the filter on 'Syncing'. I'm in 'All Photos' and not in an album. Do you know another way to find the picture causing the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible the syncing image is coming from the cloud into Lightroom. Go to https:/lightroom.adobe.com and log in with your Adobe ID and see if you have a system album labeled "Sync Errors" or similar. It may be able to identify and give you instructions for clearing the sync. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no system albums, only the ones I've created. I also never used the web interface to add pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be an All Photos and a Deleted Items System Album at minimum.  The Sync errors normally appears between them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I only looked amongst my albums. However, there's no system album between All Photos and Deleted Items 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the 7 files in your deleted items, are you attached to any of them or could you do a final purge and eliminate them? Or restore them perhaps? It would be a good troubleshooting step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've purged them but unfortunately the sync issue remains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it is time to get a log from you. I will send you instructions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate