P: Camera doesn’t work properly when using ultra wide

0 Votes
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera doesn't take photos when using ultra wide lens in professional mode. The screen just "flashes" like it took a photo but it doesn't save it. It only affects ultra wide lens (in all modes except hdr mode).

App version is 7.5.2 on iphone 12 pro with ios 16.0

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Hello again @–thomas– 

We were able to reproduce this in-house.  I converted your post to a bug for tracking.  Thanks again for reaching out to us!

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @–thomas– 

Thanks for reporting this.  We have a known bug where DNG capture with the ultra wide lens fails when capturing macro shots (very close up).  Is this the case, or are you seeing the issue with all kinds of UW shots, even of subjects further away?

I ask because I can't reproduce the problem with my 11 Pro Max on iOS 16.  Fyi, I will ask a teammate how has your device to try too.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with all kinds of shots, not just close ups. The macro photography feature on the ultra wide lens came out with the iphone 13 series so my iphone doesn't even have it (if we mean the same thing). And yeah it's just the dng capture. It works fine when I switch to jpg. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks for the additional info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again @–thomas– 

We were able to reproduce this in-house.  I converted your post to a bug for tracking.  Thanks again for reaching out to us!

Bug Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!

when using the camera in Lightroom mobile I can't get pictures taken in the ultra wide angel mode registered in the cloud or elsewhere. I use the camera in raw. When using the ultra wide angel in iPhone camera there's no problems at all except for I cannot use raw of course. Have I missed something here? I really would like to use the ultra w a in the Lightroom camera and raw. 

Votes

Translate

Translate