Unable to export to Instagram

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Updates to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
89 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... In the meantime I guess you could export the image to your camera roll then import them into Instagram from there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can do that but it’s tedious compared to going straight from LR mobile. It tends to stop me from posting to Instagram. Is Instagram blocking LR mobile?  There seem to have been a few issues this past year.  A problem gets fixed and then another problem crops up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, at this point we are working with them to figure it out. We will just have to wait and see. Sorry...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I’ll keep trying to see if it starts working at some point. Thanks for your responsiveness. I remain a Lightroom fan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is from the Instagram App. I am getting the same error when I export from google drive as well as LR mobile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest updates for Instagram and Lightroom running on iOS 14.2. Every time I try share a picture from Lightroom to Instagram I get an error message ‘so thing went wrong’ 

Any idea on why this is happening would be great, I’v had Lightroom for less than a month and this problem is disappointing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm merging this post with and existing thread about this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick The above solution *was* working and now it's not anymore (long press, open in app)

- understood that I can export and upload via the instagram app, just adding helpful information as you track this down - thank you! (Lightroom Mobile, iOS 14.4, LR mobile v 6.1.0 C2677A/7

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working now. You should be able to pick any picture from the LR mobile app and able to "share to", "open in" or "export as" then select IG after. It has been working for at least last 2 weeks. I have iOS 14.4, LR mobile 6.1.0C2677A/7 and IG V175.0.0.23.117. Good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s great to hear & thanks for noting the IG version. I was on 175 and it was definitely not working (see above), however IG 176 just installed (“bug fixes”) and now it is working (again) and very smoothly. 

Forgot to mention I am on iPhone12pro if that was a difference. 

This seems to be a dynamic situation, thanks for all the support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rikk for this update.  

Betty

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, if you use the export to instagram option, the text and tagging options are not present.

After testing this out, by posting using Lightroom to instagram export, the number of views on posts was much lower than posting from Instagram - due to tagging and other things working right off the original post.

Lightroom export isn't functional imho.

The work flow should be to move the file to the local device and get it off Adobe Cloud (because apps don't play well with it either), and from local device post using a web interface or native app.

Votes

Translate

Translate