• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Dehaze tool causing lag following update to 1.3

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like the direction the new Lightroom CC is going, but after I recently updated to version 1.3, the dehaze tool has started introducing serious lag in the desktop program's operation that was not there previously. Lag is experienced when adjusting the dehaze slider itself or when adjusting any other slider on a photograph that has dehaze applied. I am using a MacBook Pro running High Sierra. Would appreciate this bug being addressed in a future release. Thank you.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018
Lightroom CC 1.5 and Classic CC 7.5 was released today and should address this issue.  If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, hit the [Ctrl/Cmd]+ [Alt/Opt]+[R] to force a refresh. 

Give the new version a try and let us know if it solves the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
16 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. We were able to reproduce it and a bug was created. We will update this post when it is fixed.

Take it easy,

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, Rick!

Liam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, Rick. I have discovered that heavy and previously absent lag is occurring in much the same way as described above in photos with local edits made with the brush tool. Adjusting any slider is very slow and laggy in any photo that has local edits applied (and also dehaze, as described before). Same computer, LRCC version, and operating system. Could you also look into this? Thanks very much.

Liam

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only today upgraded from version 6.1 to a subscription based license IN ORDER to get the dehaze slider. Unfortunately, I find the same issue. As soon as I use the dehazer, everything slows. The other sliders get very laggy. I've never experienced any slowness or lagginess before in all the years I've used Lightroom. It's making me wonder if I've made a bad decision in switching to CC Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any information on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Liam, Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention. The bug has been identified and a fix will be included in the next release of Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue is present in Lightroom Classic. Will it be fixed there as well? Any time estimate? I want to use dehaze but the application becomes completely unworkable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking forward to a response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix was made to both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC for the next release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great! Any estimate on when the next release is coming? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that is not something that I can comment on publicly, but stay tuned to Adobe.com for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 1.5 and Classic CC 7.5 was released today and should address this issue.  If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, hit the [Ctrl/Cmd]+ [Alt/Opt]+[R] to force a refresh. 

Give the new version a try and let us know if it solves the issue. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be meticulous here but "Stay tuned" has been used in radio and television stations between commercials and such to inform the consumer that there is a little bit wait but we will proceed with the program soon after.

So, when an software update is published two months after "Stay tuned" I'd say it's a bit misleading usage of the word and would be better to use "someday", "in coming months" or "in the future".

At least when it's obvious that an update will not be released for the coming days but weeks or months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just (6/22/19) noticed this same behavior (painfully slow response from sliders after adding positive dehaze) on two monochrome images in Lr Classic release 8.3.1 (LATEST VER). Unsure if it went away in the earlier release and then came back, or if it has been there all along. Please revisit and if you can duplicate, please repair in future release. Thanks. I will supply affected pictures if you need them - please ask on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know if this thread is still being monitored, or if I should start a new thread on this issue. Also please let me know if you can duplicate, or if you want me to supply the pictures affected by this issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Posted on Lightroom Desktop Thread. Belongs in Lightroom Classic Thread - different software

Please reference the new conversation here: Lightroom Classic: Dehaze performance with monochrome images.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate