• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Desktop: Crashing after trying to go to the Presets tab

LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I tried to import some presets to Adobe Lightroom and since then it keeps crashing when I try to tap on the presets tab. I just updated to the new version and everything else seems to be working. Do you know how to fix this? Thanks!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
34 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I would be happy to.  As I don't see a way to attach file that isn't an image/video, I will share via Dropbox link.  I have used these presets in Lightroom Classic desktop without issue, on CR3 files.  The version of LRC is 10.1, build 202012012023-e92d50bb with Camera Raw 13.1.

Link to xmp file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qz7795wccko6uu/1d.EarlyAutumn_1.xmp?dl=0

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was able to reproduce the application hang using your preset. It appears that the preset file is corrupted. I was able to make it hag on a variety of file types. I have filed a bug and will let you know when we find out more. 

For now, delete the preset and see if Lightroom behaves normally.

In the meantime, you could copy down the settings of this preset from Lightroom Classic and manually create a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Rick.  This preset is part of a very large grouping I purchased from a creator, and they are all causing the same app hang issue in LRCC.  I'm going to avoid using them for now except on file types where this issue doesn't occur.  Previously, this app hang was NOT occurring in Lightroom Classic, but it now IS occurring in LRC as well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Is there a solution? Lightroom crashes when I use the presets. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My Lightroom crashes when I use presets. Not all presets, but presets I purchased. If I go over it with my mouse it freezes and I can't do anything. Does anyone know a solution? I work with lightroom classic. It's very frustrating. 

Thank You! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just installed the updates. Thanks for getting to the bottom of this!

-Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate