• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Desktop: Post error (504) when uploading .raf-files

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded photos from an event yesterday, .nef and .raf raw files, and after the lightroom cc desktop clients syncing was complete, I checked the iOS version and the browser-based version, where I only saw 'error tiles' on the .raf-files (see screenshot 1 and screenshot 2). I then did a reset of the settings on the desktop app (by renaming the settings file) and deleted the .raf files and re-uploaded them, which didn't work. 

I remembered that i had this error a few weeks before, so i once again deleted a few .raf files and tried to upload one over the browser-based app, which resulted in a post-error with a http-response status code of '504 Gateway Timeout', as seen in screenshot 3. Back then, I thought this has to be a server error (and not client-side) so i let it rest for a few days and it did resolve by its own. But now it happened again. 

Notice that this only happens (at least for me) with .raf files, the .nef files are displayed and synced perfectly. In the desktop app, the raf files are also displayed normal and their sync status for 'Cloud' is 'Original — RAF'. Also, no 'Sync Errors' are displayed, so maybe it's just a rendering issue? Nevertheless, help is much appreciated.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
17 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crocomof,

What is the camera used for the RAF files that are failing?  Do you have a sample file you would be willing to share?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I'm using a Fuji X100V. I shared a sample-raw file on my dropbox. Upon taking a sample image for you, i tested it once again by my self and I noticed the following: Uploading a simple .raf does work fine, but uploading a .raf with embedded gps coordinates (via exiftool) gives me the post-error. Which is a bit unexpected, because all my other raw files (.nef, .cr2 and also .raf taken with the x100v) include gps coordinates and work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I'm using a Fuji X100V. I shared a sample-raw file on my dropbox. Upon taking a sample image for you, i tested it once again by my self and I noticed the following: Uploading a simple .raf does work fine, but uploading a .raf with embedded gps coordinates (via exiftool) gives me the post-error. Which is a bit unexpected, because all my other raw files (.nef, .cr2 and also .raf taken with the x100v) include gps coordinates and work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your sample include the exiftool modifications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file '20200608_151729_GPS.raf' does and therefore should throw an error on post, the file '20200608_151729_NOGPS.raf' doesn't and therefore should work fine without any errors. At least they do so on my testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files fail in Lightroom Desktop and Lightroom Classic with or without GPS.  Do you have some special mode invoked when you capture these? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not at all. I'm surprised that the 'NOGPS' file fails for you. I just tested it again (going incognito and downloading it through my provided link, just in case) and for me the upload still works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Let me send them onto the team for a closer look. Stand by please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, it seems like the photos could be processed server-side (at least I guess so), so this specific problem seems to be resolved. Upon upgrading to Lightroom 3.3 and the newest Windows 10 2004, Lightroom is a complete mess. It would not allow me to edit my photos in any way (nothing happened when editing, the picture always stayed the same and it stayed at smart preview), so I reinstalled Lightroom completely (meaning I also deleted local files and settings via explorer). I can edit my photos now, but it wouldn't allow me to import (import dialog tiles are gray, upon clicking 'import' status indicating in the top bar stays at 0%), same goes for export. I was able to import via the browser-version though. Also, in edit view, the icon for the magnifying glass is reversed. As a shot in the dark, it disabled gpu acceleration, but it didn't help. Also, after closing Lightroom, I was unable to open it again. Process Explorer showed that a lightroom.exe process was hanging around 'doing stuff', so in order to open the UI again, I had to kill this process. I'm out of ideas now, it's just a huge mess. Worked perfectly until a few weeks ago, then the problems started. Don't know if I should start a new thread for these topics, but thought I will try it here first, maybe its related.

Edit: Editing and / or exporting photos on iOS also not possible, lightroom is stuck at 'loading smart-previews'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Preference File will survive a Lightroom uninstall/reinstall. Sometimes weird behavior is corrected/cured by resetting the preferences.

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.
2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.
4. Close Lightroom.
5. Restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did this. Didn't help. Still unable to export / import on Dektop, export on iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any further assistance? can't export any of my pictures, which is quite deal breaker right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Same issue with lightroom classic. The RAW-files straight out of camera seem to work fine, but once I add gps coordinates with exiftool (via GeoSetter), neither Lightroom CC nor Lightroom Classic are able to import them.

The only way I am able to import these pictures is through the browser-version. These show no exif-data inside lightroom. But they do in other programs (like google photos, just tested it by uploading a raw with gps data embedded), so the raw-files are not corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My recommendation until the team has had time to evaluate the files you sent is to not use Geosetter to modify your files.  Something about that process makes your files unreadable. Until the problem is identified and a fix is issued, is to avoid the software that makes a readable file unreadable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*unreadable for lightroom, readable for every other application. Therefore, I'm not willing to change my workflow, especially since lightroom worked fine a few weeks ago with those files. As a side note: My .NEF files from the Nikon Z 7 also do not work with lightroom when gps-data is embedded, so it is not a 'fuji-exclusive' problem. Until this issue is resolved, I'm switching to Capture One. Nevertheless, I appreciate your fast responses and help in this case! Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: the upload of the files (same as before) now works with the web-version and the photos are displayed correct on the client. import over the client is still not possible. photos do open without a problem in photoshop (camera raw).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The latest update (Version 3.4, 20200804-0825-1542eef Build) seems to have fixed all the issues i had. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate