• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Desktop: Unable to connect to the network.

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Lightroom Desktop 4.0 (Cloud), all my synced folders are gone. Online version and iOS app versions are both working normally, so why is the Desktop cloud version failing to sync?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. The update contains a fix for this issue.  Please download and the latest version of your application via the Adobe Creative Cloud Application or your respective device app store.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Note: App store availability can take several days for the update to appear and be available. 

T

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
56 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System Info:

Lightroom version: 4.0 X64 [ 20201007-0818-b2c04b4 ] (Oct  7 2020)
NGL Version: 1.20.0.6
WF Version: 3.0.1 e2e396b
Operating system: macOS
OS Version: 10.15 [6]
Application architecture: x64
Computer model: iMac19,1 / Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz
Logical processor count: 6
Processor speed: 3.7 GHz
Built-in memory: 65,536.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 65,536.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 938.1 MB (1.4%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 3,024.5 MB
Memory cache size: 0.0 MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 13.0 [ 610 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 0MB / 32767MB (0%)
Camera Raw real memory: 0MB / 65536MB (0%)
Displays: 1) 5120x2880, 2) 5120x2880

Graphics Processor Info: Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 580X - 8 GB
Graphics Processor Detail: loaded: Yes, supported: Yes, compute: Yes, init: I4_GPU3, hard: success, soft: success, wl: Yes, bl: No
OS Media Capability: true

Application Folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom CC
Settings Folder: /Users/paulporter/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom CC
Library Folder: /Users/paulporter/Pictures/Lightroom Library.lrlibrary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verify that:

1. The ID you are using to log in to Mobile and Web is the same ID as you are using for Lightroom Desktop.

2. Make sure you do not have syncing paused (Cloud icon)

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Yes, always the same ID and syncing was never paused. Although syncing is extraordinarily slow these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not understanding - is it not working or is it working slowly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You asked if Lightroom Classic syncing with the Adobe Cloud infrastructure was paused, which I answered. Yes, syncing is happening, albeit but very slowly. THIS is also an issue as it's indicates it's currently syncing anywhere from 70 to 80 photographs, but it never completes the syncing process.

As I said earlier regarding the nature of my original post, to be specific, Lightroom (Desktop Online) for Mac OS does not sync with any of the folders marked as "Sync with Lightroom CC".

However, Lightroom for iOS on both my iPhone and iPad function as expected.

So, to clearly reiterate, the Mac OS version of Lightroom (Desktop Online) does not sync with Adobe Cloud and therefore no synced folders from Lightroom Classic are displayed in Lightroom (Desktop Online). And yes, I am signed into my Adobe acct through the Lightroom (Desktop Online) application. This issue DOES NOT occur with the iOS versions of Lightroom.

AND...

Lightroom Classic syncing to Adobe Cloud NEVER completes.

AND...

No, I do not have broadband or internet issues, nor is my network connection navigating to the internet via a proxy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following screen shot probably will help you understand. Other than what this dialog indicates in plain language, I don't understand why it's happening. Remember, as I mentioned previously, my other cloud related apps sync to my folders in Adobe cloud with any issues whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the dialog. The Graphic contained your Adobe ID and I have removed it for privacy and safety.

Your Lightroom Desktop App is not connected to the network. Have you reviewed firewall settings and any corporate policies which may be in place to ensure that Lightroom is not being blocked? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm quite well aware that my Lightroom (Cloud Service) is not connecting to the "network". I've been seeing it since the upgrade, so yes, I'm VERY aware. You've made some kind of unfounded assumption I'm on a corporate network. This is all on my home network. There are no firewall rules or any other obstacles placed in front of Lightroom such that it is prevented from reaching the "network". If I sound irritated, frustrated and impatient at this time, its true. This would go so much better if your support team would set up a call with me and we could enable some desktop sharing so y'all could see first hand what's happening here.

Before the upgrade to v4 a connection to my Adobe Cloud partition from Lightroom (Cloud Service) was NEVER an issue. I've said this before, but I'll say it again as I feel no one is listening... This is a new issue that ONLY appeared AFTER the upgrade to v4.

I should also point out that reaching my account settings from the "Manage Account" link in the Preferences pane navigates to my account page without any issue.

Also continuing to point out that after days-and-days of files appearing to sync to my Adobe Cloud partition from Lightroom Classic, I have no idea what's happening at its basically telling me it's syncing but in reality syncing is not happening... PERIOD! Screenshot for edification.

ScreenShot20201103at1.20.54PM-ef598c72-8e7d-4834-bedd-f17c27e68166-318204626.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I've been seeing it since the upgrade, so yes, I'm VERY aware. You've made some kind of unfounded assumption I'm on a corporate network."

Not at all. I am simply trying to determine the state of your network - wherever it is. I asked questions trying to cover the gamut of possibilities as the state of your network was unknown. 

You have multiple unrelated issues that I think getting cross-threaded here. 

1. You have an incomplete sync from Lightroom Classic to the cloud.  (not an uncommon occurrence and it muddies the waters of your other issue) 
  2. You have a presumably intermittent network connectivity problem with LIghtroom Desktop which has only occurred since the 4.0 update.  (this is a new issue and so far you are the only report I've seen in 4.0)

I think we are best served to tackle them one at a time and not cross the streams.  If you would prefer to do that with on-line support they can be contacted at Adobe Care and an agent will work with you.  You can reach them via: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

If you would prefer to work via the forum I am happy to continue.  If we do continue, the first step will be ignore Lightroom Desktop until Lightroom Classic agrees with the cloud and is fully synced. It will be difficult to evaluate Lightroom Desktop's status without allowing Lightroom Classic to complete what it is doing. 

All of the information you've shared thus far has been about your Lightroom Desktop Environment.  We need to concentrate on Lightroom Classic now.

1. Launch Lightroom Classic with sync unpaused and wait 30 minutes before proceeding to step 2.
  2. Please go to Lightroom Classic>Preferences…>Lightroom Sync
  3. Wait for at least 30 seconds to allow the dialog to populate
  4. Make sure you have expanded the disclosure triangle to the left of the words "Sync Activity"
  5. Screenshot the Sync Activity section of the dialog and post it in your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Here's the screenshot requested. I tried working with Adobe Care last week and it was not a satisfying experience.

ScreenShot20201103at4.24.05PM-95015363-e54b-487c-a54f-500815702124-584671817.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot.  Do the counts ever change or are they still stuck at the same value?

If the latter, can you scroll down that dialog and find the Pending Item and locate it in your "All Synced Items collection in the Catalog Panel.  Remove it from its syncing collection and all synced items and see if the sync continues or gets stuck again. (We can add that file back later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sync count number has fluctuated between mid 70s to mid 80s, but never below the Mid 70s. I can certain temporarily remove files from the sync. Will observe the sync progress afterwards and update here when I'm done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the problem files was not straightforward, other than temporarily deleting them from Finder and LR Classic to get them to disappear from the erroring syncing files list. Also found a significant number of RAW files that I had previously synced to an older Target Collection which removed them from all synced photos on the Lightroom Online. Now there's zero files with errors in the sync backlog. So no more sync issues in the list of files, but it's now stuck at 71 files currently syncing and the number hasn't decremented in over 30 minutes. I thought I would temporarily remove whatever the currently syncing file is, perhaps to see what happens with sync progress, but I have no idea which one it is.

And I did load Lightroom Desktop and despite the removal of the files with errors, the app still cannot connect to the Cloud Storage location

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync is still frozen at 71 photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I have you today? What are the next steps, given the information I provided to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I have to wait. Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Small update. I turned almost all collection sync off and relocated all the images in the "Specify location for Lightroom's Synced images" from the default Lightroom folder location to another new folder. All the images needed to resync, which took less than five minutes. So now Sync Activity indicates 9 syncing photos and it hasn't budged from that number for over 30 minutes. There are no syncing errors, so what' the hold-up?

And no, Lightroom still can't seem to find the network to sync with cloud storage.  Did I mention I'm frustrated. Yeah, its moving beyond that now. I have other things to do besides spend hours dealing with this. I'm kind angry. I pay for a service that I expect to work. BTW, you never mentioned completely uninstalling Lightroom, then reinstalling. Why is that?

ScreenShot20201105at5.17.41PM-5dbb3427-8e73-4e54-a95a-dccae17ad99d-1565473014.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Paul, 

I am back online today. Looking at this screenshot, it looks like you have an inbound image from an iPad held up downloading. 

1. Go to https://lightroom.adobe.com

2. Do you show any items in the Sync Errors collection (upper right). If so what action does it tell you to take?

Next review the 8 files that are uploading - particularly the Tiff files. Do any of them fit this category:  Files were synced - then edited and as a result of the edit are no >200 MB? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On lightroom.adobe.com, there are no errors indicated. In fact there's nothing in there about status of syncing operations. In fact, even if I edit a photo in lightroom.adobe.com, no syncing operations are indicated.

As for the iPad file, I've deleted the file.

As for the remaining 8 photos after the iPad photo, what is meant by your statement... "Files were synced - then edited and as a result of the edit are no >200 MB"? How would I know that other than pulling from personal recall, which I cannot?

So as of now, it's still stuck "Uploading" 9 file.

And you never answered my question about a complete uninstall and reinstall of Lightroom on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also should let you know I removed Lightroom from my iPad, power cycled it, and reinstalled Lightroom. After I logged into my Adobe account, its synced everything from my cloud partition in less that 5 minutes, so why is Lightroom Classic not working as expected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How would I know that other than pulling from personal recall, which I cannot?"

• Look at the screen and click on each of the eight. It will show you the file. Locate it in your Classic catalog and determine if it exceeds the 200 MB threshold or not. If it doesn't-it doesn't matter. If it does, then yes, it does require your memory to determine its state.

WRT Reinstalling LIghtroom: at this point there is no reason to do this nor any reason to believe it would resolve your issue. 

If you can't parse the individual 8 of 9 remaining files in your pending dialog, the next prudent step is perform the reset of your Lightroom sync.lrdata. 

It is stored next to your catalog.

• Close Lightroom
  • Locate and Rename sync.lrdata  to sync.old
  • Restart

This clears synced data completely and starts over. If you have many files synced it may take some time. I recommend waiting until bedtime to rename the file and then let Lightroom run overnight. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I know how to look up the size of a file. Specifically, I was speaking to the idea of how would I have known that an edit after I synced the file resulted in a file climbing to over 200MB. I don't, as part of my workflow, pay attention to sizes of synced files, such that I would check if an edit threw it over 200MB, especially if I wasn't aware that would be an issue when syncing.... and perhaps I wasn't paying attention, but I have -never- run into a file size limitation of 200MB as a governing factor for syncing. Is there now a 200 MB file limit? Has there always been and I've just never hit previously? That would indeed be weird as I have several synced files that I can clearly see in my online Lightroom over 1 GB.

I'll review the files and see what comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed your instructions for the sync.lrdata file for Lightroom Classic. All photos synced in less than 15 minutes.

Lightroom still cannot connect to Network. I still think that's a weird thing to mention if it's the ONLY resource anywhere in my computing, networking or streaming infrastructure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it safe to say the syncing portion is resolved now? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think its safe to say the syncing issue is now resolved. A functioning Lightroom Desktop Online app is front and center now.

Votes

Translate

Translate