• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: DNGs created in Lightroom for iOS cannot be validated via Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I making some shots via Lightroom Mobile (iOS) and syncing them to Lightroom Classic it appears they're missed validation digests so cannot be verified.

The only workaround for now is to convert them (from DNGs) to DNGs right in Lightroom Classic.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Igor

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issue.  We're investigating and will follow up as we develop info or questions for you.

--Update: initial information I'm receiving is that this is expected for camera DNGs (including LR camera DNGs).  I'll ask a developer if it's possible for the LR camera to include a checksum, or if this is something only LR Classic can do at time of import.

--Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically, the right time to add digests should be the earliest moment as only we got the data(i.e. image itself encoded to store in DNG container). Otherwise we couldn’t simply detect corruption if something (memory, SD card or whatever else) will go wrong. So if that’s possible to do that is right after image data is encoded to store - that should be the propper place 🙂

Thanks!

PS. That’s totally lesser good than digests for data itself, but AFAIR DNG spec there’s a place for preview digests(such as for embedded data if someday Lightroom mobile will store unencoded raw data from sensor) so why not to fill it too by the way 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only workaround for now is to convert them (from DNGs) to DNGs right in Lightroom Classic.
No, there is another (much quicker) way: Just select these DNG's en go to the menu 'Metadata' and select 'Update DNG Preview & Metadata'. That add's the checksum also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hm... works perfect, thanks for the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate