Exit

P: Grid overlay in Geometry / Rotate, Horizontal and Vertical no longer visible

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Desktop 5.4 running on Windows 10 PRo

Steps to reproduce:-

While editing an image, open the Geometry panel and select the Rotate slider. Note that the grid overlay no longer appears on the image, making it difficult to ensure lines in the image are vertical or horizontal.

Same applies to the Horizontal and Vertical adjustments.

For Rotate a workaround is to use the Crop tool instead (grid works OK).

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Greetings, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Tuesday night, August 16th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Updating Bug Information 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
22 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can repro on Mac too. 

@Rikk Flohr: Photography bug #NMB-23313

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating Bug Information 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you delete the tool guides in the geometry section in the Lightrooom version 5.4 update (MacBook 2020 M1)? You can move the slider as much as you want, but you can't check the alignment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. When will it be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, what is the status of the bug fix? I have to process photos without guide lines and it's hell! I'm taking photos of architecture and it's really extremely laggy.
I'm paying Adobe for something that doesn't work, it's holding up my work, plus I have to give discounts to clients for waiting.
Your attitude is very unprofessional, especially when you offer products for professionals!
How will you address the situation?

Jan Pochylý

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jan Pochylý its unlikely that a bug like this would trigger a double dot release, so the earliest it's likely to be fixed is the next release, which is likely a couple of months away. However if the bug is affecting your workflow, it's easy to roll back to the previous version https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dobrý den Viktorie,

bohužel tuto možnost nemám. Screen v příloze. Lze se k předchozí verzi dostat jiným způsobem?
Pracuji na Macbook Air M1 - MacOS 12.4

Děkuji a s pozdravem

Jan Pochylý

(personal information removed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jan Pochylý  did you mean to attach a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jan Pochylý it didn't arrive. I'm not sure attachments work by email, you may need to visit the forum to include the screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dobrý den, posílám screen přes onedrive:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgesBpaig_BbgYs1QqJzWFy4EACUVA?e=Q08yJm

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am sending a screen via onedrive:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgesBpaig_BbgYs1QqJzWFy4EACUVA?e=Q08yJm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jan Pochylý Is that Polish by any chance? Polish is new to this release, so I suspect that's why you're not showing earlier versions. I wonder what would happen if you changed it back to English (or whatever language you were using before), or whether you'd need to actually uninstall it to get the others to show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back worked here and I've got the grid lines back, thanks - for me, the changes in 5.4 can wait until the bug is fixed. Just be aware that rolling back also resets preferences and reinitialises the help system, so I'm back to those infuriating pop-ups telling me how do things every few seconds with no way to turn them off. Ho hum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to reinstate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merging this with an existing parent thread.

Please upvote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I couldn't change the language in the Adobe Creative Cloud app because it's not possible to set it in the app. So I had to change the system-wide language on my Mac, and then previous versions of Adobe Lightroom didn't show up. Next, I did a reinstall of all Adobe apps. Nothing helped!
Sorry, but I've been troubleshooting this annoyance for a few days now and the work is standing still because I can't send photos to clients.
How will we resolve this situation? I don't want to pay for a different and more expensive package. Should I consider software from another company? I repeat that your software is supposed to help creatives in their work and productivity. That's not happening right now.
How will Adobe handle my situation? Please make a quick recommendation, because I probably won't see the bug fixes until the fall and that is absolutely unacceptable!!!
Apple also fixes these fatal bugs within 14 days. Why does it take 3 months with you?!?!?!

I'm sorry, but I'm really annoyed with your support already.

Jan Pochylý

Jan Pochylý

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jan Pochylý This is a user-to-user forum, although some staff monitor it to help where they can. Might I suggest you contact Adobe Support to get help rolling back to 5.3, as they'll be able to log into your computer to assist. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour.

Lorsque j'utilise le module de géométrie, la grille n'apparait plus, il m'est donc impossible d'obtenir des horizontales et verticales parfaites. Quel est le problème, sachant que je n'ai rien changé à mon application, qu'il s'agit de la dernière mise à jour, et que je suis sur mac, aussi mis à jour...Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vavasattva I've merged your question into the bug report so you're notified when it's fixed. For now, you can roll back to 5.3 if it's causing you a big problem. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue still not resolved one month later! I need the grid overlay to apear when shifting images left and right.
PLEASE RESOLVE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@poopm39139010 Releases are currently approx. 2 months apart, so it'll likely be a few more weeks yet. If your workflow is being interrupted by this bug, you can roll back to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Tuesday night, August 16th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate