• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (iPad): Paste Settings always deletes healing bushes (even if "Tools->healing" is not selected)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using "Copy Settings" and "Paste Settings" in Lightroom Mobile 4.3.1 for iPad, "Paste Settings" deletes all healing brushes in the image that I paste to, even if no "Tools" are selected. I tested with selecting ONLY "Sharpening" from "Details" and it still deletes healing brushes. It does not delete gradients.

This issue does not occur in Lightroom for Windows, only on iOS.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wild.surge, I am not able to duplicate what you are seeing.  Here are the steps I am following:

1. Select Image - Edit
  2. Edit a few settings - Copy Settings
  3. Go to next image - Edit
  4. Create a Healing brush stroke
  5. Paste Settings
The healing brush strokes on image 2 remain intact. 

Can you give us some very detailed step-by-step instructions to reproduce?

Is it safe to assume you've restarted your ipad? Reinstalled the app?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will test simpler workflows today and post one along with my device specs but my workflow was more:

1. Create healing brushes on several photos.
2. A good deal of time passes. The changes are uploaded to the cloud, and I have restarted both the app and the device since then.
3. Copy edits from one image. It has healing brushes.
4. Select only “Sharpening”
5. Swipe to the next image
6. Verify presence of healing brushes by selecting healing brushes
7. Select the standard edits tab (it was on “Light”)
8. Paste edits
9. Select the healing brushes tab and observe that all brushes are gone.

The fact that the image I copied FROM had healing brushes may be relevant. I will test that further today.

I have restarted the app and device but not reinstalled the app. Is this really necessary to ensure a clean copy? There are 30 gigabytes of data stored locally that would have to be re downloaded from the cloud if I do... I can do it on the fiber at work but that’s still not a minor step...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh additional relevant info! The image files i’m editing are 24 mp Sony ARW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While i’m doing all this testing are there any specs I should get you from Lightroom Mobile? I don’t see any detailed build info or device/library specs in the settings menu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just need a repeatable set of steps that I can attempt to replicate. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom on my iPad Pro and on my iPhone and tested again. Both devices still exhibit the issue I reported.

iPad Pro 12.9 (first version) is, currently running iOS 12.4 (16G5038d). It is running a freshly installed copy of "Adobe Lightroom for iPad" from the app store, version 4.3.1.

iPhone 6s is, currently running iOS 12.2 (16E227) running up to date "Adobe Lightroom" from app store, version 4.3.1.

For both reinstalls I went to Settings, selected Lightroom, and selected "Delete App" (NOT "Offload App" which would keep some files on the device), then powered the device off and back on again before reinstalling to make sure there was nothing hanging around in memory. This is pretty much the best I can possibly do for ensuring that the install is fresh without creating a new Adobe account and wiping my devices 🙂

I tested with different images each time. Except as noted in "Variations," I always downloaded the ORIGINAL to device (not smart preview) before testing, and the images were 24MP Sony ARW files that have never been edited before, which I double checked by making sure that "Reset to Import" was greyed out.

== iPad repro SETUP ==
1. Download Adobe Lightroom for iPad from the app store
2. Start Lightroom and sign in
3. Select the album containing the test files and turn on "Store Locally"
4. Navigate to Settings -> Cloud Storage and Sync and UNCHECK "Only download smart preview"
5. Wait for the album to download
6. Locate the two files that will be used for testing. Navigate to the first file and wait for the original to load; verify under "Info" that the local copy is the original
7. Repeat step 6 for the second file

== iPad repro instructions ==

File 1 is immediately before File 2 in the album.

In File 2:
1: Tap the healing brush icon. (tap to dismiss the info box since it's a fresh install)
2. Tap the center of the image, creating a point style healing brush.
3. Tap Done.
4. Swipe to navigate to the previous image.
5. Tap "Detail" and increase "Sharpening" from the default value (40 for this image) to 48 by tapping twice (slowly) on the right side of the slider.
4. Tap "..." on upper right.
5. Tap Copy Settings.
6. Tap "Select..." -> "None"
7. Tap right arrow next to "Detail"
8. Tap "Sharpening", selecting it
9. Tap left arrow. I'm now back at "Copy Settings" with 1/3 under Detail and 0 everywhere else.
10. Tap check mark in upper right.
11. Swipe to the other photo.
12. Tap the healing brush icon to verify that the healing brush is still there.
13. Tap slider icon.
14. Tap "..." on upper right, and "Paste Settings". The change related to the healing brush visibly disappears from the image.
15. Tap the healing brush icon to verify that the brush has vanished.

Variations that I tried:
- With the edit setting already copied, create a healing brush by tapping, then press Done and immediately go to the slider tab and paste the edit setting. The healing brush disappears.
- As above, with the edit setting copied, create a healing brush by dragging, then press Done, go to the slider tab and paste the edit setting. The healing brush disappears.
- Use JPG files instead of ARW AND don't download the album before performing these steps

== iPhone repro SETUP ==
1. Download Adobe Lightroom from the app store
2. Start Lightroom and sign in

== iPhone repro instructions ==
The procedure is slightly different, mostly because of UI differences.

1. In the upper left, verify that you are in "Edit" mode. Switch to "Edit" mode if necessary.
2, Navigate to a photo that has not been edited and tap the cloud icon; select "Get this original"
3. Wait for original to download.
4. Slide the toolbar on the bottom all the way to the right to Reset and verify that "To Import" is greyed out.
4. Slide back to "Healing" and tap "Healing" (tap to dismiss the info box since it's a fresh install)
5. Tap on the center of the photo to create a healing brush
6. Tap the check mark
7. Swipe to navigate to the previous, also unedited image. Repeat steps 2 through 4 to get the original and verify that it's unedited.
10. Slide the bottom bar to Detail and tap it

From here we're mostly going to do the same as in the other repro.

11. Tap the right end of the Sharpening slider twice (slowly)  to increase sharpening to 48 
12. Tap the "..." in the right hand corner and tap "Copy settings"
13. Tap "Select" -> "None"
14. Tap "Detail" -> "Sharpening"
15. Tap left arrow
16. Verify that Detail has 1/3 selected and nothing else is selected, tap check mark
17. Swipe to the other image and verify the presence of the healing brush visually
18. Slide the bottom bar to "Healing" and tap it, verify the healing brush is present
19. Tap the X since we made no changes; verify visually that healing brush still appears
20. Tap "..." -> "Paste Settings"
21. As on the iPad, the healing brush vanishes!
22. Slide back to "Healing" and verify that it's gone.

Variations I tried:
- Use JPG images instead of ARW, AND do not download the original (perform the steps on the smart preview).

This issue is occuring very consistently for me. None of the variations I've tried prevent it from reproducing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok, using your first set of steps, I was able to reproduce on iPad.  I am logging a bug for it. 

Thanks for the very detailed steps!

Votes

Translate

Translate