• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Large file downloads (videos >1GB) stuck

LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Lr CC 4.3, several videos with file sizes over 1 GB will not download/sync locally on my Mac.

Unfortunately, this makes a "cloud first" approach impossible for me. I first upload anything into Lr Cloud and download it later to my local backup drive via my Mac.

Is anyone else experiencing sync issues with large files?

One hint: I was able to sync large files while at work (150mbit/s+), but it does not work at home (30 mbit/s). Maybe a timeout issue?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. The update contains a fix for this issue.  Please download and the latest version of your application via the Adobe Creative Cloud Application or your respective device app store.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Note: App store availability can take several days for the update to appear and be available. 

T

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been trying to reproduce this, but without luck so far. Are you still seeing this with a more recent version of Lr? And 1GB does not seem like a very big video. Also, are you using the "Store originals locally" preference? Just trying to understand your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm having the same issue.  I've synced (locally downloaded) my library of >68,000 images (I'm using 881GB of my 1TB plan), but it is stuck on syncing the last 6 photos, all of which are videos between 1-3 GB each.

I'm on a new Macbook Pro M1 Pro running OS 12.0.1.  Lightroom 5.1.  Apple's activity monitor is showing a lot of data being downloaded on Adobe Lightroom Helper but it doesn't seem to be doing anything and Lightroom is still stuck on these 6 videos (it's been around a week).  Any help would be appreicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same issue in Lightroom 5.2 from the Mac App Store on macOS 12.1. I have 5 videos that will not download. Their sizes are 1.17GB, 1.16GB, 1.21GB, 1.35GB, and 1.64GB. One is an MP4, the others are MOVs.

I have set the album they are in to "Store Album Locally". Their sync status remains "downloading" even after downloading for hours. Activity Monitor shows hundreds of GB have been downloaded by Lightroom (with no other files downloaded since startin the process). Attempting to export the files hangs, presumably because the files cannot be synced.

Attempting to download the files via the web interface at https://lightroom.adobe.com/ does not work either. Downloading in Safari seems to proceed OK until each file hits 1.08-1.09GB, at which point the error "the network connection was lost" is raised. Attempting to retry downloading any of those files results in immediate failure (see attached image - the two entries with 0KB downloaded were both restarted after failing at 1.08GB). The file downloads failed at different times, not simultaneously, and there were no signs of network connection loss between my Mac and the Internet; e.g. even when one file download failed, the others continued to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. The update contains a fix for this issue.  Please download and the latest version of your application via the Adobe Creative Cloud Application or your respective device app store.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Note: App store availability can take several days for the update to appear and be available. 

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate