• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Metadata stripping on export from Lightroom for mobile

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the 2.8.1 version it looks as though not all metadata is correctly exported no matter the settings in the options. I am not talking about the caption etc but all the other IPTC metadata. If I use another application to set this data on import to the ipad  - If there is no caption - The copyright already in the photos stays intact.   If a caption exists the copyright is stripped. There are also "strange" things happening with exporting images with metadata to camera roll on the ipad. 

In previous releases the images exported fine and the metadata was untouched by lightroom mobile.  Now it seems the exported data is reliant on there being a title and caption. There are times where i see images with no capture time after export.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to double check i did this

1. Export form shuttersnitch with metadata template applied ( caption / title / copyright / other metadata such as job info ) 

2. Check in pictureproapps - shows caption / title / capture time etc all metadata ok.

3. Import to LRm.

4. No caption - no Title but correct copyright & correct capture time

5. Export to Camera Roll 

6. Check in pictureproapps - No caption / No title / No capture time / Copyright / all other metadata lost (job etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julie, 

We have a bug open on this currently and should be fixing in the near future.  Thank you for your report. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow its been 5 years and this has not been fixed.

I experience the following.

1. import photo to Lr (it has the correct capture time in metadata) 

2. make light edits all good

3. export the file to a folder. review info and now the capture time has been CHANGED to today when I made the edit. 

4. Be extremely frustrated that this is even an issue 

This is so dumb, why is it sill happening? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post a few screenshots? It would help to see one showing the metadata in Lightroom, another showing your export settings, and a final one of whatever app you are using when you "review the info" after the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate