• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: mobile: Adjustment brushes are too large when adding to a mask

Contributor ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I paint a mask using a certain sized brush I can control this fine. If I need to earse an area and chose a very small brush the first go gives me a much larger area, making it impossible to erase just a small area. If I then go back and paint in more mask, I get the same effect. I have checked the brush size each time but it seems no matter how small, a large area gets effected. It’s almost like auto mask is on, only I don’t think we have that feature. This is on my iPad Pro 12.9, running ISO10.3.3 or 11 B3. Very frustrating.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to duplicate what you are seeing Dave but not getting very far.

1. I select a brush, size it, adjust feather, opacity and paint a stroke.
2. I then select and eraser, size it very small adjust feather opacity and erase a portion of the previous stroke. 
3. Then I select the brush again a few strokes.
4. Lastly, I reselect the eraser.  It remembers my previous size, feather and opacity.  I erase and the eraser size and area affected remain small.

What am I misunderstanding?  If I am reading you correctly, step 4 is where you get an unexpectedly large area erased. I am not seeing that. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk.

Thanks for the reply. Thats pretty much what im doing. Just a couple of points.
The Brush sizes themselves arent changing, at least not in general. Its just that first hit each time that seems to cover a much wider area.
For example.
I mask the background of an image but end up going over some of the foreground subject. I select a small eraser brush, with hardly any feather, and place it on the foreground image near the edge, but definitely not so the brush goes over the edge. When i lay my finger (or Apple pencil) on the screen the easer will erase quite a lot of the area outside of the subject instantly. So ill go back to the Masking brush and again, place it near the edge. Same thing will happen, the mask flows over in to the subject.
If i start either of these process from further out then all is fine. I can get very precise masks.
its like the sort of thing you see if using Auto mask with a large brush in the Desktop version.

I hope some of that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Dave - definitely not what I am seeing. I am going to try to loop in a developer on this thread.  Stand by. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rikk.
If i can shed more light on this i will let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk.Ive just made a very short video showing this issue. I’m not sure what to do with it now. Can i send it to you?

This. Link should work

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7t...

It shows me trying to erase a small section of a Mask. you can see how small the brush is and how large the area it erases is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update. If i use the Eraser and erase part of the mask, and then use the back arrow to undo that, the area gets filled back in. As expected. When i then make another stroke with the Eraser the first one re appears.
Hope ive explained that right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this topic after facing the same problem.

Not sure if you used 'Enable Lens Corrections' then, but I tried using brush masking in two images with one turned the option on and another is off. The image with 'Enable Lens Corrections' turned on had the issue but another one is not.

I also tried painting the brush mask before and then turned 'Enable Lens Corrections' on, the mask was suddently disabled. So that I guess it was because of 'Enable Lens Corrections'.

Votes

Translate

Translate