• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Mobile (Android): Raw photos are being imported as black and white

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. When I import RAW (*.RAF) photos into Lightroom CC (Android) directly from my Fujifilm X-T20 into Samsung Galaxy Tab Android tablet, they appera black and white. If I do the exact same on Samsung Galaxy S7 phone (Android), they are imported correctly (colour).

I made a screenshot. First picture (chronologically last one - smiling girlfriend) is imported using Phone. It is in colour everywhere. Two other pictures (chronologically first, cat on balcony and less smiling girlfriend) are imported using tablet, being incorrectly black and white.

More funny things:

1) When imported on tablet, they appear B/W only on tablet, after they sync also to the phone, they appear in colour

2) When I edit this badly imported photo in tablet, they will stay B/W forever, even on other devices

3) When I import pictures using phone, they appear in colour on Phone and also on tablet.

4) More sofisticated scenario - when I import pictures using Tablet (they appear B/W) and the open it in phone (in colour) and I make basic edits on tha phone like crope, exposure and so on... these changes sync between phone and tablet in a way that the picture is edited BUT still B/W on a tablet! 

This is so weird behaviour.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017
Sorry, we're still looking into this issue. Let me ping the eng team 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
29 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, facing the same issue now. Import from Nikon z6 using card reader. Lightroom updated, but all raws are b/w. Any edit doesn’t help. Apple photos app show them correctly in colors. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you shooting in B&W mode in camera? The Nikon Z6 is an exception to the usual rules, in that Nikon themselves write Lightroom Settings with the files, which are then read on import. You can reset the files back to Adobe's defaults though, in order to get back to color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vašek,

Please send us the image file on which you are able to see this issue.
You can send this image file at LrAndroid-Feedback@adobe.com

Thank you
Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi. I managed it to fix. I shooted in color, but was shown in B/W. Strange. However, it was ok to change the color profile to sRGB and then back to AdobeRGB (in my camera) and everything was fine, including the import.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate