• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Mobile: Correct colors don't load unless in edit module

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct colors don't load in Lightroom Mobile for my Android unless in Edit module. Photos load in "Info" and "Rate & Review" dull. When I switch to edit module the loading circle appears and the colors will load correctly. Comparing to my capibrated computer monitor (and my desired look of the photo) I can confirm this). If I swipe to a new image and back the same thing will happen. Load dull at first then properly.Switching back to "Info" or "Rate & Review" after letting the colors load in the Edit module will keep the correct colors until I switch images. No matter what module I am in when changing images it will initially load with the wrong colors (then the correct ones if in Edit).When I load on a tablet it will open with the wrong colors first then load the correct ones. Tablets are always in Edit so I can't say if the same thing is happening other than swiping from one image and then back it has to reload the colors. Again this is comparing them with my monitor, phone and my desired look.If I "Save To Device" or "Share With" another app it comes out as the dull image. This really makes the Lightroom Mobile app useless as it is not exporting the image I developed and the only way I can use this to share/display is to be in the edit mode. Not ideal.The rest of my edits appear just the colors are wrong. Even having the collection downloaded to the device doesn't make a difference.

Bug Won't fix
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
12 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To start trying to narrow this down, can you confirm which camera profile is being used on the photo please? And what kind of edits are applied?

Oh, and which Android device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for the reply.

LG G6 (Main device)
Nexus 6 (Tested this issue on)
LG G Pad X 8 (tablet)

Photos taken with either Nikon D750, D5100 or LG G6.

ALL photos give me this issue on all devices. They only display correctly if loaded in Edit view. They safe/share dull and lifeless with the colors looking wrong. Not just some but every one that I have edited. Every photo type including RAW (NEF), dng, tif, PSD and JPG.

Profiles: Adobe Color, Color, Vintage 09.

Edits include most Basic Panel adjustments other than Dehase.
Some have minimal Tone Curve (Point Curve, RGB) adjustments.
Sharpening and noise reduction reduction.
Some have Remove Chromatic Aberration.
Some have mild Vignette.

This is a screenshot with an edited photo showing the exported copy on left with Lightroom Mobile on the right. The colors are all wrong.
RackMultipart201806041185883sw-11c501d2-68c2-44c0-b2b6-26ddf88d233d-1389076919.png

This screenshot shows an image with no edits. The exported version is on the left with Lightroom on the right. Again the colors are wrong.
RackMultipart201806041004601ao-132a0137-09cb-44d8-ac70-414dfeba6bbd-135088572.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos "Save To Device" or "Share To" like above no matter if I let them load in the Edit module or not. If I don't switch to the Edit module then the photo will stay looking like the exported version (left side) in Lightroom Mobile. Once I switch to Edit the proper colors load. That goes for edited/non edited photos as shown in the screenshots of my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, OPENING up a photo from Lightroom Collections Creative Cloud through Photoshop Mix (same devices) loads the images with the wrong colors. Same if I were to share with an app like Snapseed. They all look just like they do before the colors load in Lightroom's Edit module. Again the colors match my calibrated monitors a lot more after they load in the Edit module.

RackMultipart2018060412069513c-4f53c653-b2e4-4d39-8d13-abc25c185817-1448463379.png

RackMultipart2018060443142181w-461b8602-c308-49dd-b410-75efe83f38e9-2086384966.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt,

I've asked one of the Lightroom CC for Android to take a look and give us some additional information. Stand by please!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the great info and screenshots Matt.

With your help we were able to identify a couple of scenarios where the color space for the preview and the edit areas could be different. We've logged a bug for it and hope to have it to you in an upcoming version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk I 'm still seeing this color shift using LR Mobile for Android v4.1 with my Samsung Note Pro 12.2 and when viewing on the Web at lightroom.adobe.com. Any idea when this will be fixed?

One thing I forgot to add is that I'm using a wide gamut monitor. I just wondering if the issue may be due to the system display profile not being used properly. Some of the new Mac products use a P3 display, which is also "wider" gamut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some questions from engineering:

1. Are they working with smart preview in develop. Does downloading the original fixes the issue.
(I have attached a video for reference on how to download original)
2. What profile they see selected in Profile mode in develop for the asset which they see the issue and camera model for same.
3. If we can get few more datasets, it would be helpful.
4. Is this issue specific to Android. Or they can see the issue on some other clients as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Are they working with smart preview in develop. Does downloading the original fixes the issue.
(I have attached a video for reference on how to download original)

Rikk there is no video link. LR CC Android 4.2 no longer exhibits the issue with Edit and browse modes identical and correct (Samsung Note Pro 12.2").

2. What profile they see selected in Profile mode in develop for the asset which they see the issue and camera model for same.

Both my custom camera profiles and Adobe profiles all work properly with LR CC Android 4.2.

3. If we can get few more datasets, it would be helpful.

4. Is this issue specific to Android. Or they can see the issue on some other clients as well.

Using LR CC Web app on my Windows 10 system with an NEC PA-272w wide gamut calibrated monitor the browse mode is correct, but edit mode is over-saturated. Apparently the edit mode is not using the display profile and assuming sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im seeing somthing similar in web gallery and in lightroom mobile iOS (iphone) that may be related. Some edits seems to be missing. Photos looks like when they are not fully loaded
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photos...

-no difference if editing smart preview or original. Edits missing when exporting ”small” outside develop mode (inside app). Edits missing when browsing web gallery. Web gallery download ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Similar issue for me (but not sure if it is the same) that’s been going on for past few weeks/months. Using iPad Pro with latest iOS and Lightroom Mobile v4.1.1. Every time I swipe to new photo color (profile) is wrong. Colors are off, weak and lacking saturation. If I change any develop setting then correct colors (profile) pop into place. It’s impossible for me to just swipe and review multiple photos with correct colors. If I want to see correct colors I must toggle a development setting. E.g., contrast, exposure, saturation, tint, geometry or any setting whatsoever. I am using custom profiles for my camera/lenses generated using the xRite color checker plugin in Lightroom Classic, that I then import into CC environment on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate